Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heart To Heart Card Drive

When you see the amazing card drive that Cammie King has put together to celebrate her late grandmother's birthday, you will just want to be a part of this amazing cause. Her grandmom passed for Alzheimer's Disease. The challenge is to create a card to share with a caregiver of an Alzheimer's Disease patient. It is very hard work and these individuals should be acknowledged every day! I have posted the link in the side bar, so you can go check out all the details.


My card was created using Nina Brackett's set called Hugs and Prayers. The Poppies just caught my eye when I was looking for the right image. Pretty Poppies is the dp I chose to accent the flowers. I also used layers of Gina K. Designs, Pure Luxury card stock in Onyx and Lipstick Red. I colored directly onto the stamp with Marvy Brush Markers. Sponging was done with Memento Tuxedo Black. Red gems, a tiny tag, and a little black jute bow are my accent.

My inside uses a sentiment from the Gina K. Designs set called Lean on Me.

Thank you for taking the time to read the details of this worthy cause. My card will be sent to the family of my dear friend Rose, who have been struggling to keep their Mom in a home setting. Alzheimer's Disease can be so devastating to everyone involved. They need love, understanding, and prayers. Please hop over to Cammie's blog to see what you can do to add your support.

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful! such a great cause... this disease seems to touch everyone's lives!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh yes it really is beautiful Mary Anne! for such a great cause too.

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Mary-Kate..love the design and colors.

Janice M said...

Very pretty Mary Anne! Love the way you did the sentiment inside.

Colleen said...

Mary Ann,
This image looks great with the stripe DP. Kinda looks like you picked up the lines in the image.