Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Mouse Gift Box

Today I would like to show a gable box that I created for a baby gift. It is just perfect for a gift card. Perhaps one for the local pharmacy, for those items you forgot to get before baby got home?
I try really hard to do the weekly challenges over at Just Us Girls, but I run out of time sometimes. This week is their template challenge. I made this from a template that my DS bought me for my birthday. It is one of a ten piece set by Fun Expressions.

I am also going to submit this for the House Mouse Monday Challenge, which is a new one for me. It is an "Anything But A Card" challenge #64. I have stalked their blog for many months. There are some amazing paper artists that submit over there!

Once I created my base box, I used some pretty paper scraps from my bin. Sorry, I don't remember the maker. I used a House Mouse stamp I just purchased called Butterflight, by Stampabilities. My sentiment is from Rupa Shevde's new set called "Oh Baby", that cane be found at Gina K. Designs. I found the mouse stamp a little hard to work with because it has a straight edge on the bottom. I colored with assorted Copic Markers and then sponged with chalk ink to make a sunny sky. JoAnn's Fabrics had this beautiful, yellow braided edging by the roll and it just jumped right into my cart! I added some pearls and a soft green satin bow for embellishments.

We have lots of melting going on and in one bed next to the house, I see daffodil heads trying to poke! Woo Hoo! It needs to go now because it is dirty and ugly. Can this winter be on its way out? Along with the melting, I found my new sidewalk lights that my DH had installed last fall, all snapped off from the weight of the snow. Our last set was installed in 1989 and were a house warming gift. This new set lasted six months. Isn't that a real example of today's product workmanship? Anyway, thanks so much for taking time to pop over. Have a crafty day!

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love,love,love this Mary Anne! The ribbon is awesome! Love the House Mouse Image!

craftieodmae said...

love the image! Our lights are broken too, we have snow every where again, got 5 new inches yesterday..........

AKiteFlier said...

Mary Anne this is totally adorable - love the template and LOVE how you decorated it. The pearls and fancy ribbon and cording are perfect elegant accents. Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls by being an active participant in our challenges. We appreciate you as one of our loyal followers!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cute box! I love the image! So glad your snow is melting, but so sorry to hear about your lights. Nothing is made well these days, you are right! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls! We really appreciate the fact that you try to play often!

dee marie said...

Mom - I just love this sweet little box! Your coloring is awesome and you paired the most perfect sentiment with this baby mouse :) The trim and pearls look great too!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Awww, what a sweet gift box. I love the house mouse stamp you used. Perfect for a baby. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Heather said...

Oh this is so cute, a wonderful gable box and I just love that gorgeous image together with that fabulous sentiment.
I'm so glad you've stopped stalking us and decided to join us this week.
hugs Heather xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this is perfect for a baby gift box! how adorable...I can hear the "ewwwww's and ahhhh's " now at the baby shower!!!

one side of our house barely gets any snow because of the roof layout - still have a foot there! hope with this warm weather (50 is warm, right LOL) will melt it and I can see if there is any Spring life under that snow (:

Lisa said...

Wow this is beautiful and a very impressive box! So glad you finally joined us at House Mouse and Friends!!!! Please come back and play again!

Emma said...

This is gorgeous, thanks so much for joining in. HM&F. x