Saturday, August 3, 2019

Sweet Doxie


     I was recently able to get my hands on this adorable Dachshund die.  This card kind of evolved on it's own.  It started with a play with some watercolor paper, which was then die cute with a semi circle cross stitch die.  My card base is in rust and the designer paper is from K & Co's Sweet Nectar collection.  Next I die cut the Doxie and used fingertip daubers and ink pads to apply color.  I used some SU ribbon for a cute bow, and Golden Sunset Nuvo Drops as my accents.  I added accents to the dog with a Copic.

     Just a quick post for a Saturday.  Hubby is dog sitting, for our son, and I am manning the resident Doxie at home.  August sounds like it will be a jam packed month and getting us closer to hubby's Halloween retirement... Woo Hoo!  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Really pretty card, Mary Anne! That doxie die is awesome and I love how you've added the color! Pretty papers just make this card stand out! Another card well done, my friend! Enjoy your weekend and I hope you find time to do lots of crafting! Hubby's Halloween retirement will be here before you know it! I know he can't wait! :)

jimlynn said...

Awww.....be still my heart! Of course I LOVE this one Mary Anne. So cute and yet pretty too. The little doxie is adorable and love the fun colors with it. LOVE!!
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable die cut, and I LOVE the way you added color to it! Your card "popped" right out of my blog feed with it's vibrant colors and cute doggy!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Absolutely so sweet! I love the die and that cute semicircle! That is a fun and different shape to use with cardmaking. Might have to search that one out. Thanks for sharing!

Carol L said...

That's a wonderful little dachshund die, and it would be perfect for a pet sympathy card with all the flowers! Great coloring and such a sweet design too!