Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Heron


     Today I am sharing one of the many sympathy cards that I create for my DD's health care office.  I send them 3 doz. at a time, and by the time I think to ask how they liked them, they are through half. I understand that these can be so hard for some to create, but I know they are appreciated when the time arises.  

     This was created using scraps of designer paper and card stock from my stash.  The Great Heron die is from Gina Marie Designs. my oval is an inside stitched oval from MFT.   I used my brushes to blend the colors and create a sky and ground for my bird.  Copic's were used to color parts of the bird and Nuvo drops were used as accents.  My sentiment is from a lovely sympathy set called Moments of Grace, by SSS.

I would like to enter this over at Pixie's Snippets Playground for their challenge #359.  All of my papers are scraps.

     The cooler temps here in DE have driven us to the outdoors. Hubby is planting shrubs and trees, and building landings where there are no steps.   I am so looking forward to my first fall in this new area.  Delaware seems to like celebrations, as I could see from the number of peach festivals.  Next I expect apples and pumpkins!  Sorry I have been scarce, but I do appreciate the visit!

6 comments:

Carol L said...

What a peaceful and serene card, so perfect for extending sympathy. I think it's wonderful that you donate cards for such a good cause and it probably pushes you to come up with fresh new ideas all the time! Enjoy this short blast of early fall weather - it sure has been lovely, but tomorrow the heat wave returns....at least for us.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card and I know they are much appreciated! Love the awesome bird die and how you created the background, Mary Anne! Everything is just lovely! Glad you guys have been enjoying the cooler weather, so have we! Loved sleeping without the AC on! Dare I say it, it's almost been chilly at night but i'll take it! :)

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this is breathtaking beautiful! The heron is so regal looking. Love the background you created for him too. Sensational card!
Ah....fall weather.......wish we'd see some. Yesterday it was 109 here. So not good!
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! That is one gorgeous sympathy card! I love the scene you created with the blue heron!

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Mary Anne! Sympathy cards can be so hard to make, but are so appreciated. And it's wonderful of you to make so many to donate as well. It sounds as if you'ved moved to a lovely place!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful, Mary Anne. Making them to donate is such a wonderful thing to do. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your new place and getting to know it. You gotta love a place with a lot of food festivals, yummy!! (I'm not sure how far up the coast this behemoth hurricane will travel, but I pray you are safe where you are.) Hugs, Darnell