Friday, April 13, 2018

Headed to the Beach!


     I had recently started on some Father's Day cards and one of them is beachy.  I would like to enter this over at the Shopping Our Stash Challenge #349, called Headed to the Beach.

     Recently I have been excited to use metallic card stock.  I guess because I have not been buying it one sheet at a time, and waiting for a coupon to do so.  I have purchased large packages on HSN and do not regret it one bit!  My designer paper is From Carta Bella called Ahoy There.  My dies are from Darice, and were cut from scraps, with one of them being textured card from Bazzill.  The sentiment is from a stamp set from My Sentiments Exactly, Father's Day Innies and Outies, and stamped in Midnight Muse ink from SU.  I used a hole punch on some gold to make my rivets, and tied twine for my anchors.

     Want to shout out that we are having a couple of  warm days, finally!  I am sure it will be short lived, as Sunday is suppose to dip back down.  My bones just want to feel warm!  Glad you visited and hope you have a great
weekend!

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this really does make a person want to head to the beach. Love the anchors and those colors you used too. Pretty card!
Yea for pretty days and lots of sunshine.
Lynn

Carol L said...

This is such a cool card, especially for a dad who enjoys fishing! Love the whole nautical idea and those great anchors and ship's wheel! Well done!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a gorgeous nautical themed card --- perfect for Father's Day!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from companies carried in the Cropstop store. (You did!)
You can find the current link party here: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/search/label/link%20part

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Fabulous card, love the wave pattern paper that gives your nautical theme an awesome background, the anchors are a beautiful detail.
Many thanks for playing along with SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again soon.
Hugs.

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT