Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Little Bit of Watercolor.


     Since Distress Inks have come on the scene, it has made it much easier to create some fun watercolor backgrounds.  I made this card for Tuesday Morning Sketches #450, which this week is sketchless and looking for water coloring.  You also have the option to use an older sketch.


     I started with some Bristol Smooth watercolor paper, 3 blue inks, and a spray bottle.  The colors are Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.  I chose the stamp set from SU called Thoughtful Branches.  Black stamping was done with Hero Arts Intense Black ink, and the white was done with Versamark and WOW white embossing powder.  My sentiment is stamped on a Gina Marie stitched circle.  My watercolor panel was then mounted on a white A2 card base.

     I am also a little sad that one of my favorite inspirations from the TMS design team is stepping down.  Best of luck in your new adventures, Janice! 

     Have a wonderful Thursday, and thanks for the fly by!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I really like how you created that cool background and added the tree, Mary Anne! I'm not sure I have ever learned this technique and might have to give it a try if I have the stuff. It's always great to see people using the retired SU sets and Thoughtful Branches is still a favorite of mine! A job well done! I'm sad too that Janice is stepping down. Her cards always make me smile! TFS and enjoy this gorgeous day! :)

Carol L said...

What a great take on the blank canvas challenge! Love your water colored background and especially how fabulous the white leaves on the tree look against it! Thanks for joining the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and I'm going to miss Janice's presence on the DT too!

jimlynn said...

I really thought about making a card for this challenge and then I remembered how bad I am at doing anything with watercolors. I DO love yours though! Wow! That blue background is amazing and so pretty. Love the tree image too!
Lynn

Jenée said...

Mary Ann, I so LUV this card. The background is lovely, but the image and sentiment really make this a stunning piece of art. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

Wow your background came our PERFECT Mary Ann!! I also love your image choice and the white embossing paired with black and that beautiful background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh Mary Anne - this is sooo beautiful. I love your card. You are such a bundle of talent. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the white tree against the wonderful BG you created!! Sweet card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Janice M said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne! You rocked the water colored back ground. That tree really pops on it. Thanks for the kind words! I'll still be around some I'm sure? Although I do tend to craft a lot less this time of year when the weather is to nice to be indoors!