Saturday, June 10, 2017

Oh, How I Love Blue!


     Good morning!  Today I would like to share the card I made for my GS's recent birthday.  The little guy went and turned 4, already!  How is that possible?  You can see his recent school photo on my sidebar.

     I started with a base of medium blue card stock, a layer of black and then the panel I created with Distress Inks in the colors Iced Spruce, Broken China, and Faded Jeans.  My stamp set is from My Favorite Things and is called Circus Spectacular, and was designed by Lisa Johnson.  I just love these stamps and their vintage feel.  My large number is from SU!, and the panel was cut out using a Lil Inker stitched rectangle.  I added a few mini punched stars and blue enamel dot, plus some black cording at the corners.


     I would like to enter this in the Double" D" blue and white challenge.  I am using black as a neutral.

     Thanks so much for visiting, and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Super cute card and what a cutie your grandson is, too...great stamp set! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Carol L said...

Oh what fun is this card, and I know Brian loved it! The background looks fantastic in those colors and I like the corner accents! Well done for his 4th birthday!

craftieodmae said...

over the cute top!!

Wendy said...

Adorable circus card, Mary Anne! Love the different shades of blue and of course the cute circus images! Great job on his card....I know you've been planning on this card for awhile! I bet he loved it!!! TFS and enjoy this beautiful day! Tomorrow the heatwave starts! Hug~

Vicki said...

Sweet card for your grandson! The seal is so fun. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Blue and White" Challenge.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is adorable! Love all the blue.

Darlene said...

OMG your grandson is such a cutie! He's going to LOVE this card!! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Janice M said...

Wow 4 already?! Time sure does fly. Your card is adorable. I'm sure he loved it.