Saturday, February 13, 2016

Photo Inspiration

    
 
     This week, the Unity Show and Tell group on FB has a new challenge which is a photo inspiration.  I have stared at this pic for hours, and could not think of any stamps in my Unity collection with the circular shape I wanted.  I decided to go for a background with the colors, keeping the rest of the card simple.  The loopy leaf image is a stamp I had from a won grab bag, and the rest of the stamps (sentiment, butterfly, and small leaf) are from  the June 2015 KOM.  The pattern for my background was stamped on designer paper from Paper Crate.  I colored with Copic Markers and used gold embossing.  I added a line of pink gems to the b-fly body.  Here is the photo we had to work with.

    
      Not planning on leaving the house very much, this weekend.  It is bone chilling cold.  If you are in the grips of this mess, please be safe.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You matched the colors brilliantly. It's very pretty.

Carol L said...

Now THAT is a great take on the challenge! I love the gold embossing on the black, and what a great sentiment too BTW!

A Consuming Passion said...

Saw your card on Facebook Mary Annr it really is a show stopper! Would. Make a good cover for an art journal too! Fabulous ��

jimlynn said...

You nailed that inspiration photo! Fantastic card!!!!! I love everything about this.
Stay warm!
Lynn

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a wonderful card Mary Anne. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit