Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge Holiday w/ Vellum or Plastic

 
     Phew, that was a long title.  Happy Saturday, everyone.  I decided to try my hand at this Mod Squad Challenge, and I hope I did not get too carried away.  We were asked to do a holiday card (any holiday), and include plastic/acetate, or vellum. 

     I decided to use my Unity stamps from the August KOM, and I was able to include both the vellum, and the clear plastic in making this card.  There is a black card base and pieces of designer paper from We R Memory Keepers, called Hall Pass.  Coloring is with Copic markers.  I found a scrap of yellow vellum and added a couple of fall flowers to anchor my bat.  The embellishments are a smattering of sparkly stars and accent pearls to the outside of the see through front, for dimension.  Oh, my little batty friend is from a past KOM, from August 2012.

     That is it for me.  Sounds like it may be a stormy Saturday here on the east coast, but we have the promise of cooler weather.  Enjoy, and thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

VERY creative and pretty! I love those big yellow vellum flowers and the bat sitting in one is precious! LOVE your card Mary Anne!
Lynn

Carol L said...

Great way to incorporate the vellum and acetate into one fun Halloween card! I love that little bat and that great acetate panel! No way have you overdone it - I love this! Have a great summer Saturday :)

Karen Hightower said...

Mary Anne, I love this card. Your little bat is so cute. I am also glad you used the velum on this card. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Mod Squad. :)

Becky said...

This is fabulous Mary Anne. I love that bat! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun Halloween card. Everything is so great together!

Donna Hanley said...

No you did not overdo it at all. I think it is perfect. Nice coloring and I really like the two stripes which really bring a nice touch of fall colors to your card. Your embellishment are just the right amount and I love that little bat. We got some heavy downpours last night but not as bad as they had predicted. Humid today with cooling temps. tomorrow. I do hope they are right. It has been extremely humid for the past 5 days. Enjoy your Sunday.

craftieodmae said...

Super fantastic card!!!!!