Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #145

     It is a stormy day on the east coast, so I stayed home and worked on a few Valentine cards for the cause.  I saw the newest sketch, and although my cross piece is a bit wide, I figured I would link it up to the OWH Blog.  Here is Sketch 145 and my card.


      I used some card stock that I found hiding in a closet.  It is the color of True Thyme ink, form SU!.  I created a panel with a Sizzix embossing folder.  My sentiment is digital from Gingerhouse, cut out with Spellbinders, Labels Ten, and sponged with Old Olive.  I thought these apples were so cute, as they were part of a digi subway art that I cut up.  The heart has diamond Stickles, and then is coated in Crystal Effects, to make it safe for our Heros  I added some bronze mini brads as embellishments.


     My next card is from the same color palette and uses scraps of this and that.  It has a white base, layered with the True Thyme, and o piece of SU designer paper. (unknown)  My "I love you" sentiment is on a Modern Label punch and the stamp is from Love You To Bits.  I punched some hearts from scraps as well as my owls.  There are Crystal Effects on the green heart and the owl eyes.


     Card three was really fun!  I found this digi I had printed out ages ago for a bookmark.  I shortened the panel, and did some piercing, sponging with True Thyme ink.  I embossed and sanded a panel to gets some more texture in.  My designer paper is Wild Asparagus.  I punched a couple of contrasting hearts and coated them with Crystal Effects.  They are popped with mounting foam.  A sentiment banner was made 
using my favorite Valentine stamp from Craft Smart.


     Well that is it for right now.  I started making cards for the troops too late to get a good jump on Fall and Christmas, so I am trying to make as many Valentines as I can.  I just have to keep reminding myself to keep the layers to a minimum.  Have a great evening!


.

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

3 fantastic cards, Lady you been busy!!!!

Donna Hanley said...

Three very cute, interesting cards for our heroes. Nice job on all of them Mary Anne. We are getting snow right now, up to three inches. Was very windy all day, but not so much anymore. I wish you are great night and week ahead.

Sue said...

Wow girl, I need to get a lock for the inside of the door to my stamp room so I can create away, undisturbed. Love what you have done here.
The Apples and Owls are so cute. And that digi, is wonderful and love how you paper pieced it. Fabulous!

Hugs
Sue

Caroline said...

WOW Fantastic cards love the owl one they are adorable. Caroline xxx

Glenda said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! All three are wonderful...Go girl!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh my!!!! such beautiful cards Mary Anne! Love the owls.....so in at the moment too!

Carol L said...

You have paper hiding in a closet?!?! ;-) True Thyme was one of my favorite colors, and it looks so great here on these cards! The owls are adorable and so are those apples, but I love the image on the last card! WTG on your early valentines! I have been in such a slump and haven't even begun to make mine yet!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Holy cow Mary Anne, these are gorgeous! I love them all but the first one, with the apples, has to be my favorite. Gingerhouse has some fantastic sentiments, and I think it's very clever to cut the apples from subway art. Love your style girl!

Julie said...

Great cards, Mary Anne! And I agree, those apples are just too cute! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge!

Betty Benton said...

The troops are going to adore your valentine cards! Stay warm and comfy in your craft room!!

JD/ Jill said...

All are great cards...and a great take on the sketch!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Those are some great Valentine cards. Love the owls and apples but my favorite is the last one with the lady.

Linda said...

Great cards...I think the last one is my fav. tfs!!!