Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Catching up On Sketches!

Here are a few of the latest sketches from Operation Write Home.

Sketch # 142


     This sketch is my favorite, since it allows you to pick random scraps and create on a blank canvas.  I used a Kraft base, a small shipping tag, and a Prima flower w/ pearl.  For my stamps, I used a Thank You from Impression Obsession.  There is a swirl from Scrappy Cat under the Prima.

Sketch # 141

     I am not sure why, but I always have lots of trouble with circles.  For this card, I used an oak tag base, scraps of teal and pink, and a designer paper from K&Co.  My sentiment is from IO's set called Cupcake MC181.  I used a Cuttlebug EF for some texture.  This sweet pre-colored image is from Beary Wishes.  There are a few teal pearls as embellishments.


     For this sketch, I wanted to do a masculine cards, so I gathered up my black and white scraps.  I found this fish paper I had printed off and just ran with it.  My sentiment is from Rubbernecker Stamps, and the dangling line stamp is from Mail Expressions.  I used a Scrappy Cat flourish to add a little movement to the sentiment.  My only embellishments are black mini brads.

     That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Jen M said...

Great cards, Mary Anne! I love love love the top one!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
So glad to see you are up and moving :). The cards you made with the sketches are fabulous and as always you have just the right images.
I'm off today working on my create a scene card. I want to try to work in some of my fairy stamps we will see how that goes. LOL

craftieodmae said...

all of these are awesome! Hope this is a sign you are feeling better!

Donna Hanley said...

Three winners! I love the green and kraft/tan colors on your first card, Very rich combo. You little flower with the pearl really added a nice feel to the whole card. What a cute little mouse in your second card. It it fun and cheerful. Your masculine card is terrific and that sentiment is perfect. Once again, you've made our heroes very happy.

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with all these sketches...I don't why it's probably the hardest for me to do...follow a sketch...so I so admire how you have done all of these so nicely.

Carol L said...

WTG catching up with all these sketches, and your cards are all fun! I especially love that little fish hook circle element on the last card! Too cute, and I hope you're feeling better today too! {hugs}

Payne Holler Cards said...

So does this mean you are feeling better? Sure hope so. (-:
I love what you did with all the sketches....will be using them also bec you're right....they are great for those scraps!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Hey! Love the header pic on blog (-:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That was my backyard yesterday. Jim took the shot when he got home from work. Nope, I am not better yet! Ugh:(

CraftieConnie said...

Such a busy lil Bee you have been, each card is great, you do wonderfully with the sketches!

Linda said...

Great group of cards! I am partial to the first...great papers, colors, sweet tag and twine! tfs!!!