Monday, March 14, 2011

Sorry If This Is Crammed!

I have a couple of cards to share with you this morning! I am afraid if I don't double this post, I will get lost and and forget to get them on in time for the challenges!

My first card is for The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #99. Boy was this a super sketch! I used a base of Red Hot CS from Gina K. Designs. All of my designer papers are from a new pad I bought this weekend, called Sweet Nectar, from K&Co. My stamp set is an adorable Sweet 'n Sassy Cocoa set called Springtime Cocoa. I colored with Copics, and used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen for some sparkle. Sponging was done with Baja Breeze ink from SU!, and my ribbon and embossed flowers are from my scrap stash. Here is the sketch we had to follow.

I saw this morning a special request went out for a dear person who needs cheering, and I will use it to do just that!
My next card is for Joan's Gardens Challenge #9 this week. Joan has given us another of her special recipes to follow. Here are the directions.

Use the colors orange and blue
Create a card with a spring theme
Use a die cut
Use a circle

I used quite a combo of items to create this card. The card stocks are Sweet Mango and Ocean Mist from Gina K. Designs. My dp is possibly K&Co. My diecut is from Tim Holtz and is called Scroll Work. I used my scalloped circle punches which have been very neglected, and pierced and layered. The soft back image of a flower is from GKD set called Autumn Splendor and the foreground sentiment is from Unity. I added sugared flowers from Prima because they reminded me of the dewy spring mornings when everything is soaked. I used sprig and butterfly punches along with blue gems, as my accents.

Thanks for hanging in there for this long post. I am so glad I have some time to play today! My prayers go out to all of the families who have loved ones lost or found during the recent tragedy in Japan.

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

well you aced both challenges! I love the first one for the bold and brightness, well done, and the second cause it's springy and has flowers........

Wendy said...

Awesome cards, Mary Anne! I'm lovin the Cocoa card and those yummy K&Co papers! The 2nd card is very pretty and I love the flowers! Nice job on the challenges! :)

Becky said...

Both of these are fabulous MaryAnne!
That mouse is just adorable and those flowers on the second one are gorgeous.

Janice M said...

Great cards Mary Anne!! I Love this weeks Sweet Stop sketch too, used it once already(didn't post it yet) and might have a 2nd go at it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both are absolutely wonderful! The first so fun and cheerful with those yummy paper! The second has such a scrumptious feel. Your flowers, gems and flourish's totally rock GF! Beautiful work my friend!

Carol L said...

These cards are great! I LOVE the papers you used on the first card! They're awesome!! The 2nd is lovely with those blue & orange flowers! SO pretty!
You should link this card on the Crazy4Cocoa challenge this week - the theme is "think spring" and this card is perfect! The prize for March is 3 free digis.........have I enabled you yet? :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Both beautiful cards Mary Anne! Guess you're busy with HFC too! I just wish my stuff would get here things are not looking good!!!

Patti P. said...

Whew girl, your mojo was in full swing with these two beauties....love them both so much. Great papers and I agree that is a great sketch. Joan's card is so elegant, love those colors and all of your details are the perfect touch. Love those flowers, soft dewy morning. Tfs.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVIN' the papers on that first card and those flowers on the second one are sooooo pretty! {happy sigh}

Peggy said...

love them both especially the one using the Tim Holtz scroll die... now I just have to get that one LOL have a great day

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Leave it to me to be late on this one. I love these cards. The first one is so cheery, with the wonderful papers you found. I love K&Co paper.
You aced the one for Joans,those flowers are soooo pretty.

redwasher1 said...

Both of your cards are totally delightful!!! I don't think your post is crammed!

Patty Sue 2 said...

What lovely cards...each one is so different and so beautiful. Great job gf!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Both are beautiful cards. Love the papers on the first and all the sparkle on the second!!

Kym Weber said...

Love the first card - really beautiful! The papers are so pretty and the colors you used are bright and cheery! Cocoa is really cute! Your layout is perfect!

Your second card is absolutely gorgeous! Those flowers are spectacular and beautiful! Fabulous sentiment! Such pretty papers - so soft!