Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tired Of Snow!

Yesterday it snowed all day but only managed to wet the pavement. Today, they are calling for a coating. They are not committing to what is coming on Tuesday, and that is a bit scary. Everyone I talk to is in a blue funk. My poor DD in upper NJ has nowhere else to pile snow. She sent me a photo and I started laughing... she started crying! There is a hint that Tuesday will bring her 2 more feet. I sent this to a few friends already but I though I would share it here. The poor thing!

Anyhow, when I sat down and started coloring some digi images, I found this birdhouse in my stash. It has no name listed, so if anyone knows who the illustrator is, please let me know. It had me thinking Spring, and we can all use a little thought of that! I blew up the image until it was approx. 5 inches, colored it with pencils, oms, and Copics. I took a sheet of Pure Luxury card stock in red, folded it in half, and placed the roof line along the seam, moving it in slightly. After the image was adhered, I cut out the shape leaving a 1/8 inch edge. I added glitter, Glossy Accents, Prima's and Gems. I would have liked to have added some ribbon, but I was not sure where. I will use this for one of my RAK birthday cards this month. I thought it came out cheerful.
Thanks again to everyone who designed or visited the Valerie's Gift Hop! It was so nice to see Colleen's excitement!

11 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

I don't blame your daughter for crying...I would cry too! I am so tired of winter. LOL! Love your little bird house, it does look as if spring is on it's way. (Maybe you should send it to your daughter!

Payne Holler Cards said...

poor Dee , i think they should just packup and come stay with you LOL
love this birdhouse - coloring is perfect!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is awesome! I think it screams spring and I love that you used the shape of the image for the card.

Colleen said...

I have to go to work for a bit maybe when I come back I can play.

Patti P. said...

Pretty soon she won't be able to see out of her windows....at least our snows have melted pretty quick this year and we haven't had mega amounts. Isn't it sad when you get 3 to 5 inches and you think it is a small snow.lol
Just goes to show what you can get used to. Love your card...I think you were so creative to make it into a shape card. Tfs

Becky said...

This is adorable.
We have a lot of snow here, and I am the only shoveler. And yes we are getting another major storm Wes. I can not wait for Spring.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awwwww poor Sweet Dee Marie... I would cry too! We are seeing green grass.They say we might get a few inches over night though! Love your card, the shape totally rocks!

Kerrie said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow, wish I could send her some of our warm weather to melt it away!.... Now that is one super cute card, those images are to the cutest things I've seen in ages.

Carol L said...

It looks like NJ got hit much harder than we did here in PA! I haven't seen this much snow since I was a kid!! I'm developing a serious case of cabin fever!! I'm afraid to watch the news for the forecast coming around the middle of the week. The only thing worse than tons of snow would be heavy rains for day or two......which is a possibility! Can you visualize all the snow melting in the midst of heavy rains? Flooding would surely be an issue, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be more snow.
Your birdhouse is delightful and really helps to put me into a spring-time mood! Keep 'em coming!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!!!! Hope you get sunshine soon!!!

Janice M said...

Pooe Dee, that is ALOT of snow! Your card is adorable! Love that you blew it up and cut it out in the shape of the birdhouse.