Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quick Post

Morning all! I just wanted to share a card I made for someone very special in my life. My DS recently moved into his first apartment, so I thought a little card was in order. This holiday season has really set me back when it comes to creativity. I must get with the flow!!!! One of my New Years hopes, is to create with more purpose. I have too many cards that have just been made to suit a challenge but not mailed.
This card uses computer printed sentiments combined with stamps from an SU set from 2004 called Right At Home. My base is Green Apple PL card stock from Gina K. Designs. The DP is from KaiserCraft and the collection is called Secret Bird Society. I bought it from a recent sale at Joan's Gardens. I really love this paper, as it has gloss to some of the circles. I punched out my sentiment with a new EK success punch that Santa brought, and used my circle Nesties for the image shape. Coloring was done with assorted Copic Markers and I added some bakers twine to finish off the project.

This was so much fun! I really must pull out more of these older sets and get to using them! Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, I love that stamp...I too need to use some of the stamps that I already own. I love getting a set out and letting my thoughts go...this is one lovely card. I love the baker's twine,too. Sorry to be absent so long, will try to do better. TFS

Becky said...

Love this image and love this card. :)

Patti J said...

This is a perfect card for DS - he will smile all day when he receives it!!! What fun! Mary Anne, I too, have cards that I make for challenges that don't really fit into categories that I need for mailing. I can only donate so many cards to soldiers, nursing homes, etc., and where we live, we don't have places I can take to resell. I think I'm going to case your idea, and start making cards that fit my purposes!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Holly Young said...

What a perfect card for this occasion! I love your layout, and your coloring is wonderful!

Betty Benton said...

Great "new home" card! Looks like he's just moving in -- love it!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This card is wonderful he will love it! I really like your New Year's hope. This is going to be a fun year! Most of everyone I know is now creating with a purpose. If and when the economy picks up our supplies will be gone and we start fresh.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is sooooo awesome! Some of the old sets are the bestest sets! Your DS will love it!

Carol L said...

Your DS is going to get a kick out of this fun card, and it will mean a lot to know that his mom is happy for him moving into his own apartment! I love that chair piled high with "stuff" which is probably what moving day is going to look like! I almost gave up stamping due to the many cards I'd made for challenges that were just lying around, and then I started donating them to OWH and it freed my guilt and kept me on the creative path of paper/stamp/ink addiction! LOL Great card, you must be so proud of your son :)

Hear the Ocean Studios said...

Everyone is right, I LOVE this card! However, I probably wasn't supposed to see it yet. I promise to act surprised when I get it! Thanks mom! Love you!

- DS Ken

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Grrrrrrr! Who would have thunk it! LOL!

Wendy said...

I love this, Mary Anne! Nicely done!