Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little 3D

Today I would like to share with you a little basket I created for the color challenge at Stamp TV this week. I normally keep those projects strictly over there, but I wanted to show the other photos, and I was limited to one over there.


The body of the basket was created using a template and stamp from the Rubber Cottage. I must admit that it was fun, except for the lid. I think that what I ended up doing will work for my purposes.
After I cut out the pieces of the template and scored my lines, I stamped the basket weave stamp that is included with Bermuda Bay ink from SU!. I then highlighted each weave with a Frost Blue Copic marker. Everything was adhered with Score Tape and small silver brads attached the pieces. Melanie Muenchinger's new Year of Borders set, designed for Gina K. Designs, was stamped across the lid with Old Olive ink, and then colored with Copics. The flower center were dotted with Enamel Accents, that makes the dots 3D. My basket lid is Ocean Mist CS and lined with a piece of Basic Grey, Eskimo Kisses. The handle is Green Apple CS. Both are Pure Luxury from Gina K. Designs. I created the closer with a circle punch, brad and hemp twine loop. After all that, I just had to make a coordinating tag using Melanie's Year of Flowers set.

I would like to enter this into a few Christmas challenges:
Just Us Girls: 3D challenge
Christmas Stampin' : Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's: Christmas but not a card
Stamp Insanity: Try something new
Freshly Brewed: Christmas/Winter Theme
Inktegrity Design: Anything goes
Fab n' Funky: Going with the flow
Stamp and Create: Tis the Season

Hope you like my project, and stop back again real soon!

19 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing... does not look like paper! Love the top an the basket weave! Your colors are the bomb! So awesome... did I mention it's really cool?

craftieodmae said...

You go girl, this is fantastic!!!!! You have out done your slef, good luck with the challenges!

Becky said...

WOW..This is just fabulous Mary Anne. Gorgeous colors and details. You go girl!!! :)

Melanie said...

yup, the top of the basket wiht the little loop clousre is just the bomb, amazing project! loe the turquoise for the flowers!

how do you keep up with all these challenges? I think I need to hire you as my personal assistant! (jk can't afford your awesomness!) ;)

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, this is ooh la la...loving it! I bought this stamp and template when I went to th show with Olga and the girls this summer and have never tried it, now I might just and I know who to call if I have questions, tfs your awesomeness with us all!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
As I said this is the best! It's so pretty and girly. I just love it.

Carol L said...

This basket just blew me away, completely!!! I thought it was a real basket and wondered where you found one that color, and then I read where you MADE it! The basketweave looks AMAZING!!! Your talent is beyond compare!! This is just GORGEOUS!!!!
I got my errands done and I'm chilling indoors tomorrow.....although today is just as miserable as tomorrow is supposed to be - without the wind! I went to L&L yesterday and took Jill with me since she's never been there before. I think she's hooked :)
Stay warm and dry and keep stamping!

Suzanne said...

Love this basket - gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week x

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a great project! Love how you colored the basket to make it look real. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Payne Holler Cards said...

are you kidding! this is over the top!! I am so challenged in paper crafting outside of doing a card...this is awesome! I thought it was a real basket also - wow - can see it used for so many things...and check out alllllll the challenges! you are sure to win a bunch of stuff for this creation..oh yah!!! for sure!!!

redwasher1 said...

This is wonderfully gorgeous!!!

Neeti said...

Wow, this is so awesome. Gorgeous project and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
Hugs, Neeti

Wendy said...

How beautiful, Mary Anne! I'm a sucker for these kind of things and this is just perfect! Love the colors and that big beautiful flower...sigh!

Beth said...

Holy cow - what a fantastic project!! I thought it was a real basket at first glance! I'm so glad you decided to share - this is really great work!! :) Thoroughly *thankful* that you chose to Challenge Yourself and share your work with us at StampInsanity!! (:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is stunning, I love the soft colours :D
Thanks so much for joining in our Try Something New challenge at StampInsanity :D

Kathryn B said...

This is such a beautiful basket! Hard to believe its paper love your attention to detail and your lovely blue poinsettia!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Janice M said...

How cute is this??! Love thoses colors together.

A Consuming Passion said...

This is fabulous Mary Anne!!!! I love it..... so pretty. Good luck with the challenge.

Kristin Eberline said...

Love your basket and the poinsettia embellishment! So cute :]

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!