Sunday, October 17, 2010

Send It Up!


This week, Challenge #61 over at Stamping Sisters In Christ is all about prayer.

Challenge: Make a card/project that features prayer; either someone praying, or a verse about prayer, or a greeting that lets someone know you are praying for them. I was also planning on doing the sketch challenge over at Stamp TV, so I combined them.

I created a 4 inch square card using Pure Luxury Lipstick Red and Onyx Black. I found some red dot dp that I have had for ages. Know how I know that? It was 8 1/2 x 11! My sentiment is from a set called Lean On Me by Gina K. Designs. The round floral is also GKD and is called You Are Not Alone. I added red pearls and a bow made from red and white bakers twine that I received in my RRR monthly ribbon club pack.

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! Go Eagles and Phillies!

16 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! I am loving the red, white, and black! One of my favorite combinations! Thanks for participating again in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! It's so much fun to see your creations each week. See you next Sunday!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne, love the colors. Have a great day {{hugs}}

Becky said...

ps.. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ..:)

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Great colors!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Drop dead gorgeous GF! Love the red,white and black... stunning!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Great job on the sketch challenge. Love those colors and that image. Just got back from the ranch. We've been there since 10 am. so that would be six hours and only one horse got bathed
I forgot just how long it takes to bathe and braid their tail and mane. I feel like I've been lifting 100 weights for the last 6 hours.
Did you ever have to make a 700lb animal stand and spread it's legs so you could wash their ....... parts.

A Consuming Passion said...

Yes totally gorgeous card Mary Anne! I keep seeing this lovely twine on cards and I'm waiting for a batch of it to arrive from the US......maybe this week!

craftieodmae said...

Drop dead gorgeous!!!! You aced this one!

Grace said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the image set in the circle with the sentiment up the side! Very cool layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

Janice M said...

Very pretty! One of my fav color combos next to pink & brown. Ummm but i have to say Go Steelers!! ;0)

Carol L said...

I love red, white, and black, and this meaningful card is so pretty! I really like the baker's twine and how you used it too!

redwasher1 said...

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Selma said...

This is so pretty Mary Anne. I always love that color combination and your layout is so pretty.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Mary Anne - this is fabulous!! I love the colours and the layout! Thanks oyu for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Kary said...

Hi Mary-Anne, your card is really pretty. I love the colours, the polka-dot paper & sentiment on the side.

MariLynn said...

So pretty. I love the twine that you used.