Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Common Days and a Favor

I just love this medallion from the new SU! set called Day of Gratitude. This time I colored it with assorted Marvy Brush Markers and cut it out. After I hand cut it out, I had to find a proper background to display it on. What looks like a fancy DP is actually a shopping bag from a local scrapbook store. I then added a layer of very deep plum card stock that was run through the Cuttlebug with a TH Texture Fade.

My sentiment is stamped on another favorite new thing that my DD bought from SU!. What a go to punch! It just seems to fit so many sentiments. I added some rust Primas with DewDrop centers. I also cut green leaves from my Sizzix die that Olga gifted me with. Slight accents of Champagne Stickles were added to the Primas and Medallion.
I will be entering this at Just Inspirational Challenges who has an "Anything Goes" this week. Oops, the Paper Cutz Challenge #63, is also an "Anything Goes".

Now on to the favor! Please leave me comments that have reminders on who has great stamp sets that include apples and apple sayings. I have been asked to start making cards for a small operation that sells an apple product. I have lots of time, so please, if you can steer me in the right direction, I would so appreciate it! It does not matter if they are realistic or comical. Thanks in advance!

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I have one set with a basket of apples, forget the name of the set but it came from Gina K. think is's something like Autumn beauty or ????? Gorgeous card too! I like that stamp!
did you see I beat you over to Patti's this AM LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous darling! Artful INKables has a digi set that has a basket of apples! By the way I made it to your blog to leave a comment before you got to mine... hehehehe!

Patti J said...

Gina K. has a set by Rupa that is called So Grateful, I think. It has a cart full of apples - very cute! I don't know of any others, but I will let you know if my poor feeble brain thinks of anything! Beautiful card, Mary Anne!!! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I was not aware there is a race going on LOL! I lose! But I'm here anyway! I love this image you so made it pop with all the colors. The way you can cut and stay the same all around amazes me.

Colleen said...

PS, I think the GK set Olga is referring to is Whimsical Autumn by Carolyn. It has a squirrel and a single apple and a basket of apples. I think you got it on e-bay not to long ago.

Kerrie said...

Love the way you have recycled a bag!... gorgeous card.

Flourishes have a set Apple of My Eye http://rjnx9.ut464.servertrust.com/category_s/20.htm

Carol L said...

I love the amazing coloring of this medallion, and I also love that you used a shopping bag for the background! Brilliant! Sorry, I don't have any apple stamps to help you out, but there are lots of free digis out there!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful image! Lovely colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is so pretty! havent looked at a SU catalogue in so long - looks like I better go check 'em out!
apples - hmmm, Asela has her fruit set with a big apple and GKD has a couple sets with apples in baskets and you probably have the SU sets with apples...

Daniele said...

Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational with your lovely card this week
hugs

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card, Mary Anne! I love that SU set too! I bought it at an Open House that Melisa Waldorf and I attended. Didn't even have time to use it before I left, but it will be waiting for me when I get back. Congrats on getting the job making cards for the apple company. Kerrie already told you about the Flourishes apple stamp and that's the only one I can think of offhand. Will come back if I find some others.

Jennie said...

Ooo, very pretty!! Lovely sentiment too.
I know GKD sells one designed by Asela called Fruitful Harvest. A nice big apple and one sliced in half.. http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=34
Hope you find one that will work...

Janice M said...

Mary Anne I have quite a few apple stamps, i can stamp you some if you'd like?? Can't think of any sets that are just apples though?? Alot of sets that have just one though. I'll be glad to share what I have though. I'm always looking for fruit stamps. I make cards and sell them at a local fruit stand/mkt