Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Fish.......

Most men would be perfectly happy to go on a permanent vacation to a quiet lake. Alas, work and life keeps that dream from happening most of the time. Today I would like to post another card I created with Theresa Momber's new stamp set called "Gone Fishing". It is available from Gina K. Designs. It has images that can create projects with that fisherman in mind, but it also can create tender moments between a Father and child.My card base is Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss card stock. I created a frame for my scene by running a piece of Kraft PL through my Cuttlebug and giving it a wood graining. I cut it into equal size strips that were fastened with brads on the corners. I sponged the frame to show the texture. I then stamped one of the fish in the set and cut it out with an oval Nestabilities. Using the die as a guide, I sponged a darker rim and then traced the inner circle with a white gel pen. the fish had a have a few accents also. My scene was colored in Copics and the sky and grass were sponged with Versamagic chalk ink.

Theresa has put up a post today that features some of my work. I am bustin my buttons! Melissa S., from Buggin To Stamp, who is my co-guest designer, also has a post up today that uses Theresa's set. I hope you can pop over and show her some love. Thanks for stopping by, an if you have not seen my previous post, check out my new visitors to the lake!

12 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Great card and I totally enjoyed all the cards over at Theresa's blog too! You have done her proud. Just wanted to mention again how much I enjoyed the pictures of the swans on your lake -- they must be a joy to watch!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh so awesome! I am just loving your creations with this set!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Boy I would be bustin buttons to GF! How awesome, and such a compliment! Theresa is such a class act! Your card is absolutely wonderful! Off to check out what Theresa has posted!

Theresa Momber said...

Woooowwweeee! Love it, Mary Anne. That is so cool the way you highlighted the fish and outlined the oval. The frame totally rocks.

Payne Holler Cards said...

hey! I would love a permanent vacation on a lake!!! LOL
this card is just full of inspiration - love how you did the wood frame and highlighting..
and love your little friends below.
hope they stick around for a long while...

Janice M said...

Great card mary Anne! I like the little frame around your image.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Just back from work!
These cards are just amazing! I peeked over at Theresa's blog too. You have done her proud GF.

craftieodmae said...

This rocks! I love every thing you have done, coloring, frame, oval with the fish, and those 2 sitting on the bank is fabulous!

redwasher1 said...

Mary Anne!! WOW! You are doing an amazing job with this set!!!You are a rockin GD!!

Jennie said...

Wow Mary Anne, this is amazing and love the white highlighting you did! You are doing just outstanding with Theresa's stamp set.... :o)

Kerrie said...

Bustin Buttons.... I would be too.... your card is fantastic, and I would like a permanent holiday on a lake!

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, Love your card and the way you framed the focal image. I love the way you colored the fish,also. Your swans are so pretty. I bet you love living on a lake. Off to Theresa's to have a look. Congrats.