Saturday, October 5, 2019

Happy World Card Making Day!


     As I am enjoying all the posts and You Tube videos, I thought I better post something on this special day.  Hope you get creative in some way today.

      Recently a dear friend celebrated her birthday and this was the card I sent to her.  I love roosters and the rustic feel of this card.  I used assorted assorted dies and scraps of designer papers from my huge tub.  I even found a scrap of burlap and pulled threads from the edges to make my tiny bow.  I added some rub on gold to my rooster, and Nuvo drops as my embellishments.

     I would like to share this at the following:

     Pixie's Snippets Playground #362-  Always use snippets!

     2 Crafty Critter Crazies #31-  Used my rooster!

     I think fall has finally made it's way to DE.  The ac is off and yesterday we were able to leave windows open all day.  Today is chilly and the builders are taking advantage of the temps, and since it is now so dry, the air is full of dust.  Maybe they will quit soon!

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oooo...I love roosters, and this one is super cute in blue! Love the polka-dots and burlap too! Awesome card!

Carol L said...

This card looks even better in real life because the sentiment has shine and sparkle! Love the cool rooster and great matching papers, and thanks for sending me this fun card! Happy Fall!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! Love that rooster and all the papers you used! Really does have a rustic feel to it! Love, love, love! Happy World Cardmaking Day, my friend! :)

Anne Buckingham said...

Perfect card for rustic and rooster. Great choice of papers and embellishments. Thank you for playing with us at 2CCC.

jimlynn said...

I don't normally comment on weekends - and don't even turn on the computer unless I have to ----- so I missed seeing this fantastic card! Love that chicken. The bow made out of the strings of burlap is awesome. LOVE everything about this and know your friend did too!
Also thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!
Lynn

Di said...

What a great card May Anne! Love your rooster and the card is so beautifully designed and made. The vertical sentiment die is great!

Hugs

Di xx