Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day

   

     Just had to post the cards I sent out for Father's Day.  Anyone who knows us well, knows the Della our Doxie, loves her daddy, Jim.  So, I set out to find a cute Doxie image to make his card from.  I ended up using it for most of the cards I sent, since I loved it so much.  Look at that sweet face!

     I started with a red card base and added a layer that is embossed with a wood grain.  Next came my image, which is digital and was obtained on Pinterest.  I fancied it up with Glossy accents on the eyes, nose, and glasses.  My sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.  I fussy cut the image and popped it with foam tape.  I found this scrap of red plaid to cut my banners from, and called the cards done.

      I would like to take this over to the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge, which is Father's Day.

     To all the dads out there, enjoy your special day.  It is going to be a warm one here in PA, so I am encouraging my guy to go out, early this morning, for a bit of fishing.

4 comments:

Carol L said...

I can't begin to describe how much I like this adorable doxie card! The dog with glasses is just too cute and the plaid goes so well with that woodgrain background! You created the perfect father's day card and my hubs loves it as much as I do :) Stay cool!! It's already getting humid out there!

EmmaT said...

Such a fantastic card and fun image. Thank you for joining us at cardz4guyz. Emma

Dawn Phillips said...

Oh, he's so cute. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Wendy said...

This card is the cutest, Mary Anne! I love the doxie with his glasses and bowtie! He just makes me smile! Shawn loved it too! Thank you...that was so thoughtful of you! Blah, this heat is already driving me crazy! Today (which is Monday) and we have all 3 AC's running full force. I'm so not going to love my next electric bill but what's one to do....Stay cool, my friend! :)