Saturday, May 20, 2017

Remember...


     Today I have a card that I made by just messing with some new paints I received in the mail this week.  They are made by Vicki Boutin, and they are yummy acrylics, with some fun names!  The colors I used are Plum Pudding and Daiquiri Ice.  I used a foam applicator to apply, and then distressed the edges with Seedless Preserves, Distress Ink.  I added a floral die, which I purchased on Ebay, and replace the negative parts of the flowers after adding accents with Copic marker.  Then more accents were added to the flowers with Stickles, for sparkle!  My background plaid is from My Favorite Things, and the sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co.  The lacy details were cut from a square paper doily, and gems were to add to the bling.

     I would like to enter this at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is a bit of sparkle.

     This is turning into a super work weekend with lots of outside chores being done.  Planting, watering, and mulch are among them.  Hope you enjoy your weekend, whatever you get into!

6 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello! this is the cutest, luv the flowers and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Carol L said...

This is oh so pretty with those wonderful colors, and I love how the sentiment was placed. The lacy border looks amazing too!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is really pretty, new dies and paints? Paints where did these come from? I know you said Vicki someone ??? was this a demo you saw? You can start doing mixed media canvas's with me now you have all the stuff. LOL

Wendy said...

Just a gorgeous card, Mary Anne! I am very fond of the colors you used and that lacey doily at the bottom! This is such a beautiful pop of color on this dreary Sunday. Just wish it would rain and get it over with! TFS and have yourself a nice day! Hugs~

SewPaperPaint said...

The paints are gorgeous! I do love these colors and your gorgeous stamping. You mentioned DOX in a comment on my blog and I wanted to let you know that I meant Distress Oxide. I have given it the abbreviation DOX because so many people call Distress Ink DI and well DO just sounded weird! LOL! You are making me want to get home and get painty! Big hugs, Autumn

Janice M said...

WoW MAry Anne!! You rocked that die cut for sure! Love how you color/highlighted it with the copics. Creative use of the doily also, don't think I've ever seen square ones anywhere? Will have to keep an eye out for them.