Monday, June 20, 2016

Good Old Summertime!


     Today is the first day of Summer, and the temps are holding true as they zoom into the 90's.  This is a card I made recently for my GS as he prepared to spend a week at the beach. Just had to slip him a little boardwalk cash!  I found this adorable pre-colored image in my stash.  I added clouds and sand with Art Impressions stamps and a stitched sun from Lil Inkers.  I used SU! inks to sponge the background.

   
     Here is a picture of the real think as he romps the beach with his cousins.  So sweet!

I could not find any challenges to add this to, but I thought it was too cute not to share.  Hope all the father's had a relaxing day, yesterday.  Start your week with a smile and thanks for the visit.

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Cute summer card, and a really cute photo of your DGS frolicking on the beach! Stay cool, gonna be a hot one today!

Donna Hanley said...

I'm really glad you shared. It doesn't need to be added to any challenge, it certainly stands aloe as a wonderful creation. I love the image and how it was colored but the actual picture of those three darlings is something very special. I do hope they will have a good week at the beach in the hot weather.

Darnell said...

Your more recent card is awesome, Mary Anne, but as I was scrolling backwards to see what you've been up to, I had to come back and stop on this incredible beach card for your grandson and the adorable photo of him with his cousins! OMG, SUCH a fantastic photo! I don't know why, but I have always loved pictures of the backs of kids! I know, I'm weird, but thank you for sharing this sweetness!! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Both are so cute...Your adorable card, and the sweet pic of grandson on the beach!