Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Have You Ever........


......... received a card in the mail that you knew needed a new life?  This little bear was on a card I received a couple years ago from my dear deceased sister-in-law.  I took it apart and saved the cute little bear.  This year, as I was preparing my cards for the holiday, I gave him a second look, and just knew I had to recycle him!

     I used a base of white, and then added card stock and designer paper from DCWV.  I punched a border with the MS, Bangle Chain Trim punch.  My ticket is a digi.  The crystal snowflakes are ones that I picked up at Target.

     My friend Carol taught me a new trick, and this is definitely a card that I used it on.  Since the little bear had so much going on, I flipped the card inside out to protect the front before I tucked him in the envelope.  Here is hoping that he arrived in one piece to his new home!  That trick really made for a much smoother card. A few of my cards came this year with the embellishments poking through and damage stickers from the P.O..  Try this out, it might help!  Have a super Tuesday!

11 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great trick for mailing a card with embellies, TFS. Your card is adorable, what a sweet little bear and the addition of the cute penquin, so glad you save the little bear and used it again.

craftieodmae said...

that bear is so adorable!!!! Every card I have gotten with embellies on it has poled through, I'm sure mine have too so will doing this in now, TFS!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great trick! Super adorable card! Got your Christmas card and was totally WOWed!

Janice M said...

Oh how cool is this??!! Great way to recycle! Did you trace him to make a pattern for more little bears??!! Another trick I use when mailing "bumpy" cards is run a piece of CS thru my paper crimper and lay it on top on my card when mailing. Sorry that I have been MIA hoping to get back on tract in the new year!

Betty Benton said...

Thanks for sharing the idea to turn the card inside out to mail; will definitely have to keep that one in my head for the future! This is such a cute card -- two friends having a great time fishing -- the litte fishies aren't having the best day though!! lol

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is the most adorable one I've seen. Love that penguin. I hope mine gets to you safely.

Becky said...

What an adorable card, that bear is just too cute. Great idea of turning the card inside out when mailing.

Patti P. said...

What a great tip!! Thanks. Love this fella, can see why you kept him and had to use him. Great job on the recycle. Love those sparkle gems.

Carol L said...

This is adorable, and I'm so glad you saved that little bear to share with someone else! Those little blue fish are too cute!
BTW, your beautiful card arrived undamaged, so turning them inside out really does help! :) Thanks so much!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hey thats a great tip!
have missed poppin in and trying to visit as many as I can this morning - love that Unity kit post, I just received some of their stamps from a challenge I won (-:
so glad you recycled - this is adorable

hope you're feeling better, hugs Linda

JD/ Jill said...

So adorable, and it made a very special card for someone.