Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Celebrate the Season


I have this thing about starting to make Christmas cards before Halloween.  Call me crazy, but it just does not work for me.  This week I had to make two separate trips to different Michael's stores for silly supplies, and this little Nativity set from Recollections jumped out at me both times.  That and the fact that it was 50% off, sealed the deal.  I am not sure if I will ever use the little children that are dressed as animals, but the Holy Family, star, and cute angel in the set are so adorable.  Oh, and there is a cute Shepard that might look good with the star...... hmmmmm!

I struggled with creating a setting for my little figures, and had this brain storm to use quilling strips to make a stick figure manger!  I love it!  I also used my new MS, Pine Needles punch, which was an early birthday gift from my DS.  I used kraft and navy card stock with scraps of designer papers from my bin.  My sentiment is from Hero Arts.  There are Stickles on the popped star, and blue gems for sparkle on my vine.

I have been a wee bit under the weather, so have to craft when the urge hits me.  Thanks for visiting, and you have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is just dang cute! Love your stick building!

craftieodmae said...

It is cute........... every year I say I'm gonna start making Christmas cards right after Christmas but never happens, it is hard without all the lights and decorations LOl. Your card is awesome!!!! Love the manger, aren't you the clever one, take care!!!

Betty Benton said...

You are indeed, very clever! Such a sweet, sweet card!

Patti J said...

OMG Mary Anne, this is so adorable! And your stick manger is perfect for your Holy Family! Thanks for reminding me that I bought one of Michael's Recollection stamp sets after Christmas last year....now where might that be??? Hugs!!!

Patti P. said...

Hi Mary Anne, this is just beautiful. I love your papers and colors and your creativity in setting the scene. This is a great set and I can see how it would be calling your name, lol. Sorry to hear you are not feeling so great. Hope you're much better soon.
hugs, Patti

Carol L said...

This is so cute, and I agree - those images were a deal for 50% off! I really like how you created the manger scene!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love this card and you are so creative! Great paper and colors to make the image just stand out.

Sudha said...

Lovely creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Beautiful card Mary Ann.

Payne Holler Cards said...

awwww now this so sweet (and since it called your name twice ...you had to have it!) love the manger - very clever...
feel better soon - there is something hitting everyone I think
hugs

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Very clever and oh so cute! These are colored beautifully.