Sunday, June 3, 2018

My GS Turns 5!

   
     How is this possible?  Wasn't he born just last week?  We are so proud of him and how good he has been the last few weeks as his mom and dad moved themselves to temporary housing.  Who would have ever thought their house would sell within 24 hours?  Yikes!

     His birthday was officially 5-31, and my DD sent these 3 photos of him with his cuppy surprise.  I love them so much, I decided to make a tri-fold to stand in our dining room, so I could enjoy it.

     I used Warm Cocoa card stock from Gina K Designs, and cut 2 A2 cards and overlapped the 2 panels.  Next I found this adorable sunflower paper in a collection by Jen Hadfield, called Warm and Cozy.  I printed and cut my photos with stitched oval dies, and centered on each panel.  I created sunflowers using the Lil Inker small stitched sun die, and added brown centers, punched with an SU punch.  The vertical HB die is unknown, and the 5 is cut with a Memory Box # die.

     I very rarely do any scrap booking these days, as I concentrate mostly on cards.  This was something special.  I would like to take this project over to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, this week, it is Anything Goes.

     Thanks for letting me share this special moment, and I appreciate that you stopped by.

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, he's as cute as can be - but no way he can already be 5 years old!!!! It was just yesterday you said your daughter was going to have a baby wasn't it?!! They do grow up fast and furious. He looks so cute blowing out the cupcake - and I know he enjoyed eating it too! Love the tri fold card - and yes, you'll be able to look at it and smile all day long now.
Lynn

Carol L said...

Like you, I'm wondering how it's possible 5 years have gone by already! What a wonderful project you made with those priceless photos! You can treasure this for years!

Marge said...

A very special photo frames, Mary Anne! He is such a lovely boy and your frames make him more adorable! I love his smile so much. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge

Sue said...

Mary Anne, how time flies, I can remember when you announced that you were going to be a Gram and now Brian is 5 already! He looks so excited over his special cupcake, great pics and love how you created the tri fold so you could see it everyday.

Hugs
Sue

Wendy said...

WOW, this project is just amazing, Mary Anne! I love how your mind works and what you've done with these super fun pictures of Brian! Like Carol said, this photo frame you will treasure for years! He's such a handsome little boy and your one proud Grammy! TFS I totally love this project especially that pretty paper! :)