Friday, June 22, 2018

Bright and Cheerful!


     That is the name of this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge... Bright and Cheerful!  That was what came to mind when I was creating this card.  I thought it would brighten someone's day.

     To create the card, I used a white base with a layer of Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper.  I just love this paper and could purchase over and over again.  I did the corner treatment with a quarter of a paper doily, an SU! scalloped punch and flower w/ a beaded center.  I also added a row of white ric rac beneath my image.  I pulled out an old Hero Arts wood mounted set called Birthday Cupcakes, and white heat embossed my image.  I went to town water coloring it with my SAI w.c. brush pens.  My sentiment is from Stampendous and their Life Words set.  A few drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Caribbean Ocean color, finished it off.

     This is one of my very favorite cards I made this week, so I hope it made you smile.  Sounds like an on and off rainy weekend, so if I am not at work, I will be creating! 

3 comments:

Carol L said...

oh, so cute with that pretty plaid paper and the doily accent with the cupcake! Looks like fun for someone celebrating a summer birthday! Who can't use a little bright and cheerful these days? I know I can! LOL

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, love your yummy cupcake !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Wendy said...

How pretty and so yummy, Mary Anne! This card is absolutely amazing! Gotta say that I love that purple plaid paper as it goes so well with your cupcake! Such pretty colors, too! Love, love, love! :)