Saturday, June 9, 2018

Boop, Boop A Doop!


     I had a young fellow working for me a time ago that said his mom was obsessed with Betty Boop.  When it was her birthday, he asked if I could come up with something for her.  That is how this card came to be.

     I started with an white base, and then added an embossed heart panel, which I rubbed with Unicorn White Ink by Hero Arts.  I divided the panel with a Lil Inkers stitched Diagonal die.  That was flanked with candy dots on either side.  Next came my printed image which I layered and started embellishing.  I used Glossy Accents on her jewelry and eyes.  Wink of Stella on the words, and then added die cut letters to spell MOM.  My final were 2 punched hearts, which I popped up.


     I am entering this over at Double D Challenges for their Teal and Red challenge.

     Hope everyone has fun things planned for this weekend.  Sounds like storms here, so I may just opt to got to work for a bit.  Whatever you do, please enjoy!

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh my! Mary Anne, this is beyond adorable!! That young man is going to make his mom so happy with this card. I love the color combination too. It's such a fun and delightful card.
Lynn

Carol L said...

I love Betty Boop myself and this is the cutest card ever! Love the diagonal panel with these great colors! Way to rock the challenge!!

Donna Phelan said...

What a perfect birthday card for her, well done! I love your design and layout! Everything works so well together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Red & Teal Color Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Wendy said...

This really is the cutest card, ever! You did beautifullky creating this card for your co-worker and i'm sure he & his Mom will LOVE it! Such great colors, I love the diagonal stitching and the added candy dots. It all came together nicely, Mary Anne! Great job and TFS! Have a great day! :)

Darlene said...

Oh Mary Anne this is adorable and I'm sure the birthday lady loved it! I for one have always been a Betty Boop fan! Well done with using our color choices! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Color – Teal & Red’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Vicki said...

Your Betty Boop card is adorable, Mary Anne! I am a BP fan myself. Thanks so much for the love on my jukebox card and for playing along with our Double D, "Teal and Red" Challenge.

Diane said...

Fabulous and FUN card, I have a 'Betty Boop' Rose! Than you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}