Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Playing With Stencils

     I received a set of those new- fangled makeup brushes, in the mail, the other day.  I had to give them a go, and I must say I just love how they blend inks!  I pulled out an old stencil I had in my stash, and went to town layering my images, until I liked what I saw.  I even used a negative from a Lil Inker sun die to stencil in my sun.  My sentiment is another unknown and was stamped in High Dive dye ink from Simon Says Stamp.  I added some Nuvo Drops to my flower centers and butterflies, and mounted my panel onto a piece of Bazzill card.  I used a scrap of gold mirror card to make my sentiment pop. A white gel pen was used to add tiny dots to  my butterfly wings.  It was so pretty that it just had to be for a mom!  This will go into next years stash.

     This card will be entered at Simon Says Stamp and Show- Use Stencils
     Also at Use Your Stuff  #359- for the Moms.

     Another fun play day!  Hope you have a pleasant Hump Day, and life treats you well.

5 comments:

missgailly said...

Your stenciling is FABULOUS! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

jimlynn said...

I think I have some of those new fangled brushes too and I love the way they blend too. They're great! LOVE your pretty card and all the stenciling.
Lynn

Wendy said...

This card is beautiful, Mary Anne! I love how soft the colors look and those new brushes surely blended very nicely, too! A job well done! :)

Carol L said...

I really like this stenciled beauty with all the elements you included! Flowers need sunshine and there it is! Great idea for the challenges and I'm glad you like your new blending brushes too! Can't wait to try them! Happy Thursday!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your stenciling is so soft and gorgeous!