Monday, May 13, 2019

First Holy Communion


     It has been years since I have needed to create First Communion cards.  This year I needed two.  I decided to go with the same design for both.  I struggled but made my way through.  I worked around the cross set from Spellbinders and built them from there.  Luckily I had purchased the chalice and host die set and cut them from gold metallic card from Crafter's Companion, and well as my embossed letters.  I used pink and blue scraps for my crosses.  I had been gifted with a pile of embossed background and decided to add some texture to the backgrounds.    Gabby is the daughter of my hubby's co-worker and Flynn is my great nephew.  Both have had their special day and received their gifts,  so now I can share.  Brings back such wonderful memories of when my children received their sacraments.  Man I feel old!

     It is Monday and still raining.... this has to end soon!  I am suppose to have a shed delivered this week plus fence installed ina week or so.   There is an old superstition that you put the Blessed Mother in the window to ensure a dry wedding day... hummm wonder if it will work for shed delivery?

2 comments:

Carol L said...

These are great first communion cards with perfect details! I'm sure they were cherished. As for the rain - I don't know what to put in my window to make it stop! Rain is in the forecast for the entire week! It isn't helping farmers much or those with gardens either. Last spring all the plants got wiped out with so much rain, and it looks like a repeat this year too :(

jimlynn said...

I don't think I've even had to do a First Communion card but I love yours and will probably copy them if I ever need to do one. They're both so pretty and I love the way they're personalized too. Great idea!
I heard y'all were getting more rain than needed. Hope you get the shed delivered and fencing up.
Lynn