Saturday, August 25, 2018

Hot, Hot, Hot! #368


The theme for the Shopping Our Stash Challenge, this week is as my title says, Hot, Hot, Hot!  Ugh, and it has sure been a summer for that.  It has been downright tropical!  When I came across this slinky little snail hiding under the leaves, it reminded me of me!  Avoid the sun at all cost!  Boy has it also been buggy with lots of creeping, crawling critters!

This is a card which I made last year, and never used.  I started with a scrap of text paper, which I sponged the edges of.  Next, I used Distress inks to create a background for my scene.  I used cloud and sun dies from Lil' Inker and my sentiment, snail and leaf stamps are from Unity.  Coloring was with Copic markers, and I added some Glossy Accents to my snail.  I created my bow with Hemp twine for a more rustic feel.

We have had a bit of a break this week, which was a blessing!  Any time without heat, rain and humidity was truly appreciated.  Sorry to say we are going to be back in it next week, with temps near 100.  I am very much looking forward to Fall.  Thanks for the visit!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute card, Mary Anne! Love the scene you created with the sun, clouds and the little snail. I love the stitching and your patterned paper! Yes, it's been very tropical this summer and I know we are going back to the 90's this week but we're coming into September and things will start to cool down so that in itself is something to look forward too! I hope we don't have too much rain as we've had quite a bit this summer. TFS and enjoy the weekend and nice weather while we have it! :)

jimlynn said...

Your weather for next week is sounding like us now. We're absolutely baking to a crisp around here - and not liking it a bit either. Cooler weather can't come quick enough.
The heat really does bring out all the creepy crawlies too - and your little snail would fit right in with them (and probably looking for shade too). Love your scene Mary Anne. So fun and pretty at the same time.
Lynn

Carol L said...

I had not heard about the returning heat wave, but we turned our a/c back on earlier today anyway as it got quite humid in the house. Great card, and I can relate to that snail hiding in his shell ;)

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful and uniquely lovely card. i ove EVERY single thing about this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (hot, hot, hot!) STASH with us this week! ♥

lauren bergold said...

(sorry, the above comment should say LOVE every single thing and not ove... sorry... apparently i cannot type today!) ♥

Janice M said...

Too cute! Love all the texture your card has. It sure has been a "buggy" year and they sure do love to eat me. :-( Heard the heat and humidity is back again this week. Sure was nice having a few days without it.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for getting HOT HOT HOT with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Chana Malkah said...

Nice job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Mimi said...

That is so cute... glad this card made its slow way out to SOS! 🐌 Really like the neutral colors and the text paper, nicely distressed.