Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Guyz Get Well


     Here is a card I created recently for my brother-in-law who had to have an emergency appendectomy.  Poor guy didn't have much time to think, before he was in the OR!  When I saw what the challenge was at Cardz 4 Guyz, I knew what card I wanted to use.  They are asking for Get Well Soon, and it is #201, this time around.

     My layers are white, olive, and an embossed Bazzill card stock.  I found a scrap of a masculine paper that reminded me of a city hospital campus.  My stamp set is from Art Impressions and is colored with Copic markers and some sponging done with Crumb Cake ink. The images were cut out with my stitched oval dies. I added some Nuvo Drops for extra dimension.

     It seems the rain has stopped here in PA, and there is a glorious sun shining.  That is such a relief!  I hope things are going well in your little part of the world!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Your brother in law is going to attempt to laugh out loud - but know that won't feel so good. He's actually going to love the card Mary Anne. Cute design and every time I see this image I think of some of the nurses Jim's had the past few years. Love your card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

Hah! This is fun and I like the little bottle of chill pills too! I'm glad for the sunshine - it feels good on my face today!

Wendy said...

Such a fun card even though it's not for a fun occasion but i'm sure your brother in law is going to love this! That needle it huge and as for that nurse...LOL She looks mean! Haha! Love the pill bottle and the dots you added. They look like they could be pills so that was a neat thing to use! Great job on this one...I love it! TFS and enjoy the sunshine before more rain moves back in!

Janice M said...

This card made me chuckle! Your BIL is sure to love it. Love the way you added all the doodling and the nuvo drops all around the image

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Helen said...

That image and sentiment really made me smile!

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x