Friday, February 23, 2018

Expanding My Horizions


     We all do it... we get stuck in a rut, take the easy way out, say next time.  Well today I did a different fold just to tell myself I could.  Today we visited the Easel Fold!  It is one of the easier folds to do, but I never use it.


     I am quite pleased at how this came out.  Using lots of things that have been hiding in my stash, makes me very happy!  I dug through my Spellbinders dies and found Labels 17 dies.  Using 2 sizes, I cut my panels.  I sponged all my edges with River Rock ink by SU.  Next I took the smaller of the 2 panels and stamped it with my Hardwood background stamp for SU, using Memento Rich Cocoa.

     Now I know we have all seen some of these gorgeous 12x12 designer papers that have one side full of little ATC size panels.  I have fallen in love with and bought a few.  After I cut them apart, they seem to sit on my desk and not get used.  Not this time!  I grabbed one that reminded me that Spring is on it's way, and added it with a tilt to my wood layer.  I got out the Little Fairies set from The Greeting Farm, and colored one of the little cuties, giving her sparkly wings.  I also added some Petaloo pink flowers for dimension.  The inside sentiment is from the same set.  I created the stopper with random cutouts I found on my desk and added a flower on top!

     If you are needing a lesson on Easel Cards, check out Pinterest or Splitcoast Stampers for some great tutorials.

     I will be entering this over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Make Your Own Background.

     Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Carol L said...

Way to tackle something new! Love the theme, colors and cute little images! What a fun easel card!

Wendy said...

So pretty and WAY TO GO on making something different! I love easel cards and they aren't that hard to create. I made one when we were still living in Joplin and have never made another since! Sad, I know! Most days I am just looking for easy! LOL This one looks so effortless, Mary Anne! It's gorgeous in these colors and WOW, I just love everything that you used on it! Fun and very springy!

jimlynn said...

You're so talented and creative! Love the way you used all the different things on your desk and then created such a pretty card! Great way to do that fold too!
Lynn

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is so cute and yes I love the 12X12 papers with the atc size cards How fun that you gave it a different calling and pulled it all together. I'm constantly looking for some thing new.
Right now I'm attempting to make some mini albums.

Janice M said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Never tried this fold, figured it'd be hard to do??! I recently bought a sheet of these "atc" type papers in fallish color's have yet to try and use them. You rocked this card for sure!!

JD/ Jill said...

Great job using this fold! Very pretty card!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Mary Anne! It's so sweet and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx