Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Little Note Card


     After seeing this weeks sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches #440, which is a revisit of sketch # 415, I knew I had recently made a card to fit that bill.  It uses the MFT stitched scalloped basic edges die and the Spellbinders foliage dies.  I used a scrap of herring bone designer paper to cut out my pine branches, and I think it gave them a unique look.  I added a wee bit of inking through the pine cone die with some Unicorn White ink, to create accents.

   

     There are some tiny gems and a twine bow to finish this one off.

     We are expecting snow this weekend, so I may get a long stretch at my craft table.  This week was pretty much spent going from work to dinner to bed.  Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne!! Totally love your pinecones & greens and that cool paper! Such a great design, too! I am wishing this winter weather to go somewhere else tonight! Ughh, had enough! I think I hear my bike calling my name!! Haha! TFS and have a great day! :)

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the pine cones and branches! It's so neat to see dies used with non-normal papers!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Carol L said...

This is such a wonderful take on the sketch and very original too! I love the dsp used for the pines - it does give it such a unique look, I agree! I hope you enjoy your extended crafting time :)

Carol L said...

I forgot to say thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, sowwy :)

Janice M said...

Very nice! I too like the use of the DP for the pines. I also like the touch of white on the pinecones. Thanks for playing along again this week at TMS!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow - this is absolutely stunning! I love the paper and the pinecone is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.