Thursday, June 20, 2019

Have You Heard?


     This is a newer set from Unity, which I received in an order, the other day.  I could not resist this sweet face.  It kept calling "buy me".  It stamps beautifully and is such a good size, the a card does not need much else.  I kept thinking of Elsie, the old Borden cow from commercials and had to add a few daisies into the mix.

     I started with a Pear Pizzazz card base and blended in some Balmy Blue ink on the edges of a white 4x5.25 panel.  A strip of the green dsp from the SU! gingham gala assortment, was added.  Next I stamped my cow with Memento, Rich Cocoa ink. Then I blended ink around the cow with the same blue and adding Granny Apple Green for my pasture.  The cow was colored lightly with Copic markers, and Glossy Accents were added to the eyes and nose.  The image was cut out with cross stitched semi-circle dies.  I die cut a couple of daisies and hit the side edge of each petal with green, to make them look dimensional.  Their centers got covered in diamond Stickles, and some sequins and a bow were added.

This card will be entered at Cuttlebug Mania , which is a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week.



     I used the top horizontal row:  sentiment, image, die-cut! 

      I think this set is going to get lots of use!  It should do nicely for girly or masculine cards.

     Thanks for stopping by.   Sounds like another day of nasty storms, so might as well stamp!

4 comments:

Carol L said...

I love the sweet face on this cow too - and it's colored perfectly! Love the gingham touches and summer feeling of blue skies and sunshine on this card too! Heaven knows we're lacking the sunshine lately where we live! Hopefully the sun will come out again soon :)

Wendy said...

Love, love, love this! That cow is just so stinkin cute and I love all the daisies you added! Great card as always, Mary Anne! Keep'em coming! Hugs~

jimlynn said...

We used to have a calf that looked just like that and I named him Fred!!! So cute and love how you added the flowers. It brightens my day!
Lynn

Swissie said...

This is just wonderful Mary Anne! Love it!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT