Monday, June 24, 2019

A First For Me.

  

     Today I have 2 cards created for a challenge I have never played in.  Why haven't I played?  I have no clue!  I visit Darnell's Blog, quite frequently, but  not had the pleasure of joining in on her Twofer Challenge, which this month is bees.  

Onefer:


     My first card uses some rather old papers and my stitched mat rectangle dies from Lil Inker.  My stamp set is the Bee Builder stamps from Honey Bee Stamps.  The designer paper is from a Mat Stack by DCWV.  The daisies were cut and topped with tiny Nuvo drop accents. The bee wings were coated with Diamond Stickles. I had a sheet of all Bee sentiments, but no name.  This one is a birthday card.

Twofer:


     Second card has a base of Pear Pizzazz card from SU, and strips of plaid, also found in the DCWV stack.I embossed a white panel and inked the edges with Granny Apple Green.  Again I used the Bee Builder stamps, but this time I made it a card to encourage, and changed up the face on my bee body.  Not quite the sparkle, with Wink of Stella on my bee wings.  My die cuts are done in metallic card.

     I just love the way you can change up the mood with different faces!  Have a happy Monday, and thanks for the visit!

6 comments:

Darnell said...

Welcome, Mary Anne! I love that you can build different expressions on the bee with this set! And I love how you've given your bee a wink and a touch of romance with your Hi Honey colorful design with the pretty flowers and the schparkly wings! And how perfect that you changed him to being sad with your encouragement design! Love the texture of the e/f, the plaid, and the pretty wreath to draw in the eye! A quick and easy way to tell a story with your cards! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! I hope you come back again! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two fun bee cards Mary Anne!! Love the Hi Honey card with your sassy bee giving a wink and a nod. :) The bright striped paper adds lots of fun, along with those sweet daises. Your second card is great for an encouragement card. Hard not to smile when you see this adorable bee! Great cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Wendy said...

Both cards are really cute and I love the designs of each! These will definitely make someone smile because those bees and just beeee-utiful! A job well done, Mary Anne!

jimlynn said...

Two CUTE, CUTE, CUTE bee cards! Love both of them!!
Lynn

Carol L said...

Glad you dipped your toe into the Twofer challenge with these 2 cute cards! Love them both but I'm especially fond of the bee wearing a frown. Too cute with the smile sentiment! NJ on both! now BEE happy :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, I'm so glad you played 'cause just look at these two cute cards! You did a fantastic job with the two different designs and occasions. Love the colors and papers on your hello card, and your smile card could turn anyone's frown upside down. Those bees are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Twofer!