Saturday, May 5, 2018

May Flowers


     Over on the  Double D Challenge Blog, the theme is May Flowers.  I must say, I had fun with this card.  I was playing with a few goodies that have arrived recently, including this pretty stencil, that I created my background with.  All was done in Distress Inks in the colors of Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers.

     I added some die cut daisies, vines, and a triangle sentiment panel.  My small orange flowers are SU mini punches.  The sentiment is also SU and is from the Sunshine Sayings set.  Diamond Stickles and matching blue gems were added for sparkle.

       The colors on their mood board were more on the pastel side, but living near a lake, you see flowers of all shades during the spring!  That is my answer, and I am sticking to it!

     Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.  Well will have temps in the 70's, which will be perfect for outside chores.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Mary Ann! Great design and dimension. The color combination is fabulous as is the shading around the frame. Thanks for joining the Double D, "May Flower" Challenge.

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card with beautiful colored flowers! Love the diamond shaped sentiment panel, too! This card is perfect for a spring day like today, Mary Anne! Enjoy the 70's that will be here this week. Hope those 80's & 90's stay far away! :)

Carol L said...

A perfect entry for the May Flowers challenge. I love those stitched centers of the large flowers - what a cool look! Great stenciled background too - all combine for a great card! Have fun with the chores - mine are all indoors today but the windows are open, leaving all that beautiful fresh air into the house. Love it :)

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty card! Love the colors you used and that's a great background using that stencil. Beautiful!
Enjoy that pretty weather.
Lynn

Barbara said...

I love the ravishing blue flowers! The design is stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge May Flowers. It could be a winner.
Barbara DT member

Darlene said...

Oh Mary Anne ... I just LOVE this! That background stencil is awesome to showcase your pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘May Flowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Janice M said...

So pretty! I've recently started playing with stencils/paint and a gelli plate! It's fun now to take some of the papers I made and liked and turn them into cards?!