Friday, May 4, 2018

Hello!


     I am happy to have found time to play along , this week, at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  They are on Sketch # 451, and It is a goodie!


     My base is 110lb. white card with a layer of Tranquil Sea from Gina K. Designs.  I found another fun scrap of designer paper in the stash my DD shared with me.  This has a sugared texture.  I thought about what to use for the corners, and decided on a Crafter's Companion corner Die-sire die.  That let the solid color peek through.  My center was created with a Spellbinder scalloped oval die which I sponged while still in the die, with Twisted Citron Distress Ink..  My fairy is from Ebay and I sparkled up her wings and added a gem to her hair.  I was not sure of a spray for under her, so I used that space for my sentiment, which is from SU.  I added mini flower punches, sponged with the same distress ink, and added tiny pearls.

     Happy Star Wars Day!  May the 4th be with you!

6 comments:

Carol L said...

What a great find in that dsp your DD shared with you! It's so pretty and a perfect backdrop for this cute fairy image. I love your interpretation of the corner effects too! Great card and thanks so much for joining us over at the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Debbie said...

Sweet card!! I love how you did the corner element!! So pretty!!
(I think if you hover over your extra entries, you will see a trash can on the right, press it, and you should be able to delete them. If that doesn't work, Melissa probably can do it.)
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

jimlynn said...

Happy Star Wars Day??? How did I miss that one!!!
LOVE your beautiful card Mary Anne and what a great take on the sketch too. Beautiful background paper and that image is so lovely.
Lynn

Wendy said...

This is so darling, Mary Anne! I had to giggle to myself when I seen your ADORABLE little fairy because there is a Fairy Fest going on this weekend close to here. Shawn knows a guy that goes to it every year! This card is cute and definitely full of sparkle. Love the corner dies but that fairy steals the show! Love it! :)

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card. I love the paper and that little tinkerbell fairy die is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Janice M said...

Adorable! Creative use of that corner die with this sketch. Love the fairy die too.