Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Piece By Piece for 2 challenges

There is a cute challenge over at Melanie Muenchinger's blog right now that asks us to create a card using the scraps from our desk. You can check it out on her blog here! How messy is your desk? I had all kinds of stuff there! You get extra points if you use Gina K. Stamps, so no points for me this time. Now, I do tend to clean up more than I use to, but having stamping company this last weekend accumulated some extra goodies. I believe I will also enter this over at Moxie Fab World for Cath's Piece by Piece challenge.
I used an ivory base card with a panel of Soft Sand, Pure Luxury card stock. I ran that through the Cuttlebug with the swiss dot folder and added Old Paper Distress Ink. The pattern paper is a scrap from K&Co and the dotted paper is from Brenda Walton's Maison collection. I paper pieced the butterfly using a new template I just bought that creates 15 different butterflies. It is from Hot Off The Press, Inc. It's a nifty little tool. To jazz it up I used some cut outs from Brenda Walton's Mira collection. The sentiment is an unmounted and unknown. I added a few amber gems for sparkle.
So, those are my scraps and I hope you like what I whipped up! Have a great day!



4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you had great scraps! hope you had fun this past weekend........Stay dry, oh yeah, your card is fantastic!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love what you whipped up! So love the sentiment!

redwasher1 said...

Great use of your scraps!! Beautiful card!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mary Anne! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)