Wednesday, April 4, 2018

TMS #447


     This week I have a card for the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #447.  I sat and pondered this one and decided to do something cute and happy.  When I stepped back and reviewed this card, I decided I will save this for one of the zillion kids birthday cards I am asked to make.  There is that big old blank spot in the right hand corner, where I can stick an age die cut!  Besides, who does not love a unicorn?


     My card base is black with a layer of gifted card stock, from my friend Carol.  I love the texture and color.   Next I added an oval from MFT called inside out stitched ovals. There were 2 strips of lime green gingham dp added, from my scrap bin.  My castle was bought on Ebay, so I am unsure of the maker.  That was cut from a pewter metallic card stock.  Then we get to the Unicorn and sentiment, which were both stamped from The Greeting Farm set called Magical Friends.  I colored with Copic markers and used Diamond Stickles for sparkle.   The last embellishment was gems added to my sentiment.

     I hope you like what I came up with, and am happy you stopped by.  This morning I got to post since the fog is too thick for me to drive to work yet.  Hoping it lifts soon!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Perfect for any child! Love your take on the sketch and that fun unicorn too. Cute card.
Lynn

Darnell said...

Be careful of that thick springtime fog, Mary Anne! I think you're right about your card, everyone young and old loves a rainbow unicorn and I love your idea of adding the number to make it even more special for someone!! ❤️Hugs, Darnell

Melissa Craig said...

Definitely cute and happy! Love the colors and unicorns are my favorite. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Carol L said...

This is magical for any little one who enjoys unicorns! Love the sparkly colors, the layering of the image panel, and of course those great colors! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Wendy said...

Super CUTE card!!! I am loving the layout & design but most of all the sparkle!! Lots of bling!! Your castle and unicorn are just too adorable, Mary Anne! Love it!!! Awesome job! :)

Janice M said...

Mary Anne this is absolutely adorable! Love all the sparkle and you are right a # added in the corner will be the perfect touch. So glad you could play along gain this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

Super cute birthday card!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That