Thursday, April 19, 2018

Bookworm


     Here we are, and it is Thursday, already!  This week, the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches is # 449, and is a bit of a CAS design.  Since I have trouble with CAS, I added a couple extra doo-dads!


     I used a stamp set called Bookworm from Clearly Besotted stamps, and an apple from Impression Obsession.  My card base is 110 lb. black from Michael's and I layered it with dp from Basic Grey's PB&J collection.  I miss you, Basic Grey!  I used Glossy Accents on the glasses and added a few silver half beads.

     My DGS is a book addict, so I thought this would be cute to send to him.  I have gotten away from reading, and sometimes I really miss it. 

     The weekend is within reach, and I hope everyone has something fun planned.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

How cute and I love that you added some extra doo dads! I bet your grandson is going to love this because I sure do! I miss Basic Grey too! I have alot of their older papers which I really should try to use! I love their funky designs & prints! TFS and have yourself a great day! :)

Janice M said...

What a cute card Mary Anne! I too struggle with CAS and added extras. ;-) That stamp is adorable and I LOVE the added glossy accents. It really does make things pop. Thanks for joining us again this week at TMS!

Carol L said...

What a great card for the young lad, and I'm so glad he enjoys reading! That big shiny apple is a great embellie for this card, along with those googlie eyes. Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!

Melissa Craig said...

FANTASTIC teacher's card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a great card! I love your image and especially his glasses!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

I LOVE that stamp & sentiment and the glossy accents are such a perfect touch Mary Ann!!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!