Thursday, April 5, 2018

Celebrate!


     Happy Thursday, my crafty friends!  Today I have a card that I would like to enter in this weeks Double D Challenge, which is called the "Twine Challenge".  It is just what it says.  Use twine on your project.


     My card was created a bit ago, but it was never posted.  I remember finding this lovely piece of double sided, designer paper in my stash. (My friend Carol told me the name...Soho Garden by American Crafts)  I adored the color combo and I went with it!  I also used a deckle edge panel and cut a hole in it with a SB circle die, to let the paper show through.  A banner was cut for the top and the bakers twine bow was added.  My stamps are from Stampin Up! set called "Beautiful You".  I water colored my image with a water brush and inks.  A bit of shine was added to the puddle.

     Yesterday we survived horrid winds and today we are back to frigid temps.  Is it really April?  I have seen the "S" word in the extended forecast quit a few times into next week.  Today is the parade for Villanova, for their National Championship, Opening day for the Phillies, and a real good day to either join the fun or avoid Philadelphia!  I think I will get my thrills by TV.

9 comments:

Carol L said...

The paper you used is also one of my favorites! Love this design and how you colored the image to match! Such a pretty card!

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, I LOVE your card! The design is over the top and that image fits it so perfect. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!
Good idea to watch it all on TV today. I saw that on the news about the possible "s" word. Hope it misses you.
LYnn

Diane said...

Very pretty card and design!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Wendy said...

This card is very pretty, Mary Anne! Awesome choice of papers and you used the perfect stamp set! Love how you made the puddle shiny! Yes, those winds yesterday were bad!! Hope today will be a bit more calm! It would definitely be a good day to stay away from Philly and watch it on tv! LOL TFS and have yourself a nice & warm day! Hugs~

Darlene said...

This is just fabulous Mary Anne! LOVE the lady and you've showcased her beautifully! Isn't it fun when you find something in your stash that just makes you want to create! You did an awesome design with this beautiful paper! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘TWINE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

P.S. I hear ya on the weather thingy ... what the heck? I was in Pittsburgh for Easter and then woke up Monday morning to about 3-4" of wet, heavy, snowball making snow. egads ... my poor spring flowers don't know what to do! LOL Warmer days ahead they say!! Smart to just stay inside and craft!

Esther Asbury said...

I love the colors and layout of your lovely card! Great choice of papers and I love that stamp!

Janice M said...

What a fun card! Love your layout and that paper is really pretty! I'm so ready for the more seasonal weather! Warm sunshine and open windows ect!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is such a stunning card! The gorgeous image, papers and twine are just perfect!
Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Kathy Krug said...

Love your papers and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT