Monday, January 11, 2010

JUGs 15 Technique....Add Stitching!

I thought this card was just perfect for the add stitching challenge that the JUGs crew has offered up this week. Sometimes we purchase things and rarely use them but I must say that since I bought my Janome, Sew Mini, I have used it constantly without having troubles. Very easy to operate!

My card base is Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss from Gina K. Designs. The dp is from my scrap bin and I am unsure of maker. The stamp set I used was designed by Rupa Shevde for GKD and is quite fun to create with. I stamped my images in Memento, Rich Cocoa and then colored them with Copic markers. The colors used were 0, C1, B21, B23, E35, E57. There are highlights on the steam, cup and carafe that were done with my Stardust pen. I added brown Dewdrops down one side because they sort of reminded me of coffee beans.

Hope you're little corner of the world is warming up! Be back soon.

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend! Love the blue and brown. The sewing was the perfect touch!

craftieodmae said...

I could sure use a cup of that hot coffee right now, gorgeous card!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

OOO Mary Anne, You work wonders with your sewing machine :) Your card is wonderful! I could use a cup of joe right now! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - Hope you can join us Saturday for an all new challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Wonderful Mary Anne - on your words of encouragement about the Janome I'm almost ready toget mine out of the box LOL (6 months later...) Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - it's great to have you with us as we kick off the new year. Hope you enjoyed this week’s stitching challenge and will come back for more on Saturday :-)