Monday, November 30, 2009

Red, Green & Gold!

This was created for the color challenge that was posted by our new Challenge Hostess, Shannon, over at Stamp TV today.

The image and saying are from the new set, First Christmas, by Asela Hopkins. I really like the gold edge that I put all around the card front with a metallic Sharpie! In person, it really sets the card off. See those little candy canes? They came is little combo packs at Michaels. They are foam with a sticky backing. I added some Stickles to the white stripes to jazz them up.

The #9 Nestie that I used, was a birthday gift from my DD! She treats her Momma so well! The little bow at the top was made when she realize I had bought a Bow EZ and it had not made it out of the package yet. She pulled out my ribbon scraps and made me up an assortment! Thanks, Dee!

Other than the little holly leaves and berries I tried to hand draw, the rest of the card speaks for itself. I hope you have a nice relaxing evening!

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did a beautiful job on this Mary Anne! Everything about it is just perfect!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely gorgeousness!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

your holly is great! love all the details (gold ep!!) going to try edging a card...and making up my bows ahead of time too!

Jennie said...

Love this Mary Anne! Just beautiful!