Monday, October 26, 2009

Combo Challenge

I decided to combine challenges for this entry. Over at the Just Us Girls website, the JUGS4 challenge was to create a paper flower. At Stamp TV, the color challenge is for Green Apple, Cranberry Tart, and Ivory.

I was lucky enough to find some green striped tissue paper in my gift closet. Where it came from, I have no clue. I folded it into about 18 layers and ran it through the Cuttlebug using Spellbinders, Flower Creations 3, Shapeabilities. It cut the flowers like butter. I used a brad to secure the center and then Glue Dotted a cranberry button to the center.

The rubber stamp that was used is from Hero Arts. It was stamped with Memento, tuxedo black. I colored the image in spots using OMS and pencil. I added flourishes by cutting them with a Sizzix Sizzlet. Cranberry organza ribbon and touches of Stickles were used to embellish.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great job on combing the challenges! Your card is gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

FABULOUS Mary Anne! I love the soft, vintagey feel to your card! Your 3-D lil' green blossom is gorgeous! Great way to combine challenges! Thank you for playing along with the 3-D flower challenge with Just Us Girls! I hope you continue to play along in all the upcoming fun challenges that we have planned! :)

AKiteFlier said...

OOOH Mary Anne - fabulousness - love that color combo - maybe I can play this one? Meanwhile that is a beautiful flower - I love the stripes - what a cool flower it makes - so now I have to keep an eye out for patterned tissue paper.... Thanks SO much for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you had a great time and will join us again next Saturday for a brand new WILD CARD challenge.

Jennie said...

Love, love, love your flower Mary Anne! Fabulous card and love the stripes!

Kristin Eberline said...

Mary Anne...3-D definitely IS your calling! This is so lovely!! That plaid tissue paper makes such a cute flower! Love that organza ribbon and the flourishes you added to the sweet main image, also!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you again on Saturday for the Wild Card challenge I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it...EVERY participant will be a winner!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card Mary Anne - love your handmade flower it's really gorgeous!! That's a good stamped image too. Good luck with both the challenges.

Andrea M said...

Great gingham flower :) Love your take on the challenge. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there, saw this over on STV but wanted to pop in and say Hi!!! neat way to use the "flourish" punches...and gotta lov that flower!

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Mary Anne! Love your flower, how lucky to find paper like that, isnt that fun!?

Linda said...

Hi Mary Ann, I was just looking at the cards at Just Us Girls and there you were. It looks great there too. LOVE IT!