Thursday, August 1, 2019

Love Me Some Critters!


     Today's card features a stamp that has been in my collection for what seems like a zillion years.  His name is Henry, and he is made by Rubbernecker Stamps.  I thought he deserved to see some daylight!

     My card starts with a white base, and then I added a panel stamped with the Buffalo Check, background stamp from SU!  I added a few strips of  red bandanna paper from my scraps.  Henry is stamped on a Gina Marie Designs, fishtail tag die and coloring is done with Copic markers.  My sentiment and word bubble were grabbed from other random sets.  I tied a twine bow and added some navy Nuvo drops, plus a little sparkle to my heart.

     I am entering this over at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, for their newest Challenge.

     Most of our friends are in the upper years, so I thought this one would make a great birthday card for the stash.  I hope life is good in your part of the world.  Seems we have yet another week almost kicked in the butt!  Thanks for the visit.

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

You just made my entire day with not only that adorable card but that sentiment! Holy Moly!!! If that's not the truth, nothing is! Golden years.....humph! LOVE your card and the way you used the different patterns - paper and stamp.
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love this! That chicken paired with the buffalo check is perfect! Love the addition of red bandana paper and twine too -- such a fun card!

Wendy said...

Henry is most adorable and I love that your using your older stuff too! Love the colors of this and the beautiful Buffalo Check background! Your bandana paper is a lovely addition and really completes this! But oh, and that saying is just perfect! Totally love this card! Hope you've been staying cool. I am ready for some cooler, Fall weather so I can turn off the AC! Have a great day!

Carol L said...

What Lynn said above! LOL This is so fun with a great added sentiment for us older folks! Gotta love Henry the chicken with his great bandanna matching that fabulous buffalo checked background! He's lookin' good comin' out of the cobwebs :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Mary Anne! What a fun, beautifully colored, sweetly embellished creation! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}