Monday, July 22, 2019

Masculine CAS

   
     Last month I made an assortment of birthday cards, for a very nice business man I met.  This was one of those cards.  He had mentioned he gave one to each of his employees.
I gifted him with a few to keep him going.

     Most of what was used for the CAS card were scraps from my desktop.  A pieces of designer paper was added to a white base.  My stamped layer is also done on white, with my image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The stamp was purchased on Ebay and arrived with no name.  All I knew is how I struggle with making cards for the men in my life, and knew it would get lots of use.  I used  shades of green and blue ink with my makeup brushes to add touchs of color to my panel. A simple Happy Birthday die cut was added to the top, using a leftover scrap of gold foil card stock.  My inside reads "Fishing You Many Happy Returns".  That stamp is from Rubbernecker.

     I would like to enter this at:  1)  Paper Players #451  Clean and Simple Masculine.

                                                  2)  Pixie's Snippets Playground #357  Always use snippets.

     Sorry I have not been posting, I just get into a slump.  Perhaps the lifting of the heat will get things perking, again.  Our state fair is 10 minutes down the road and with the heat index being 120*, I just could not bare the thought of going, so I sent hubby by himself.  It is however, a good time to sit and do some stamping.  Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is one of the best masculine cards I've ever seen. The fish image is just perfect and love the subtle colors. Fantastic plus!!! I'm sure your new friend was very pleased with all the cards you made for him.
I've been in the same slump plus being a little busy too. I think I just need fall to hit. Glad your heat wave up that way is finally breaking up a little. Too hot!
Lynn

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome masculine card -- I love the fish image and your gold "Happy Birthday."
When I get in a slump, I take a break from card making. I usually browse Pinterest for inspiration and wait for my mojo to return!

Su Mohr said...

What a great masculine birthday card! Glad you made some time to stamp, and share with the Paper Players!

Carol L said...

Those are some great fish images and the gold sentiment really makes this one a stand out! NJ!

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!

Wendy said...

Oh this card is super awesome, Mary Anne! Any fisherman would love this one! Great image and I love the added gold foil sentiment!! A job well done and please keep posting! Your cards are fabulous! Have a great day! Hugs~

Ann Schach said...

What a striking masculine card, Mary Anne! This fish stamp is fabulous. Thank you for playing in my CAS Masculine challenge this week at The Paper Players!

KandA said...

What a perfect masculine card and the super stamp looks great with the gold sentiment xx

Di said...

Oh Mary Anne - WHERE have you been!? Back again with yet another absolutely fabulous card. This is so perfect for a chap, that stamp is a real find and I did giggle at the sentiment you put inside!

Sorry I'm late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx