Monday, March 12, 2018

Working with Gray!

   
     Hi everyone.  I am sitting here waiting for our 3rd Nor-Easter to hit, in the last 2 weeks.  The skys are gray and gloomy.  I saw this challenge over on my friend blog and decided it was quite fitting for this crazy weather.  Double D Challenges is hosting "When Skies are Gray".  Perfect, right?

     Let me explain the gray....Hubby took me to a stamp show this past weekend which ended up being kind of a bust.  There were only about a dozen vendors and the lines were out the door.  Could not even spend time enjoying what was there. Let's not even talk about the entrance fee for hubby and I.  Anyway since I could not get most things on my list, I decided to try some new hybrid inks from IO.  The had a show special of buy 4 pads and get 5th free.  I was lacking in Gray ink so I bought 4  shades: fog, mist, taupe and shadow.  I got bubble gum pink free.

   
     Okay, on to my tag!  I started with a Gina Marie fishtail banner, I stamped around the edge with a Stamps by Judith shell stubby.  Next there was some Washi added.  My stamps are from a gorgeous ocean theme stamp set by Sheena Douglass, and her Sea View Collection. I fussy cut the compass rose and popped it up with foam tape.  I added some recollections stars and a dark cord tie on.  The ink color used was Shadow.

    Thanks for coming by.  I just love visitors!

11 comments:

Carol L said...

Great tag for the gray challenge with all those nautical elements! Have fun with those ink pads - we can never have enough colors to stamp with :)

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous tag! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Skies are Gray’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

jimlynn said...

The show may have been a bust but the gray inks and what you created were a total big PLUS! It's beautiful! Love all the images you used on here and it's so pretty in gray.
Stay warm and hope that snow misses you.
Lynn

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love this tag, the gray is so pretty and calming. You can use this on a navy card or any color it's just beautiful

Vicki said...

Beautiful tag, Mary Anne!! Love that compass stamp. You don't live too, too far from where I am near Lancaster. We were very fortunate in the last few storms and hope it stays that way. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Shades of Gray" Challenge.

Diane said...

Beautiful tag in your shades of gray! I am glad you enjoyed our challenge and found some things you liked at the stamp show!! (keep that weather there please...lol) Thank you for joining us at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Wendy said...

Beautiful tag, my friend! Love the gray & white combo even if the day was gloomy! Sorry your stamp show was a bust but atleast you were able to get these pretty inks! Our stamp show is usually in October at the York Fairgrounds but I won't go anymore because alot of the good vendors don't come here anymore. I will go and shop at L&L if need be! LOL TFS and have a great day! :)

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh my favorite ingredients, tags and anything nautical. This is just marvelous! Oh and to be accurate this is the 3rd Nor'Easter in 11 days! I am experiencing it RIGHT NOW lol So far so good, knock on wood! Be safe! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, When Skies Are Gray, Donna, DT Member.

Janice M said...

Skies sure are gray today! At least our snow has been VERY minimal compared to up North! This is such a cute tag. I like the way you popped up the compass. Sorry your stamp show was a bust. I know the one in York keeps getting smaller and smaller very year but I still go and manage to spend $$! LOL As long as IO comes I LOVE their dies! I'm away this week helping out my sister but found a used sentiment stamp today at a thrift store that would be perfect for this challenge. Sure it will be over till I get home though.

aussie aNNie said...

Great interpretation of our challenge theme. Thanks for entering and showing your beautiful work at our "Skies Are Gray" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw.  Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Tag! You may have gone to the same stamp show that my two buddies went to. I'm with Wendy, like she said in her comment above mine...I would rather go shop at L & L.