Friday, August 10, 2012

A Little Distressed


     Today I want to add my creation to the Friend with Flair linky, over on the Unity Blog.  This is my favorite part of Friday's!  Please be sure to check out all of the amazing work that is posted there.

     I also created this card with the new challenge at Joan's Gardens #29 in mind.
Here are Joan's requirements:

Use purple and green.
Make a thank you card.
Include a bird.
Use music in your theme.

     Here is what I used:

Stamps:  Unity (bird) from Life Becoming, Clear Dollar (thanks)
Ink: Distress Ink  Seedless Preserves
Embossing:  Craft Too music folder inked
Card stock:  White, Fresh Asparagus Pure Luxury
Designer Paper:  basic Grey Plumeria
Embellishments:  Chip Board frame, K&Co Tags to Go, pearl headpin, edged ribbon, paper roses, punched leaves

     Okay, that's it for now.  Have to keep shutting down the computer due to bad storms.  May not get to do much commenting until tomorrow.  We really need this rain, so I will not complain.  Have a wonderful, creative, and safe day!

25 comments:

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Very pretty! Love the purple.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne! I love how you used the music theme and the colors are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Carol L said...

Awesome stuff here with the purple & green! (my favorite color combo) I'm shutting down too, and trying to run errands between the storms :) Rain is long overdue, so let it rain!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful bird inked in purple and love the flower accents!

Ruby said...

Very pretty purple card.

jimlynn said...

So lovely! The purple and green are fantastic together. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Gwen said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love how that bird pops off the card!

Eva said...

WOW! This is stunning. Love the purple and green and the flowers you added.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Stay safe from the storms, we had a "cool" front come through :) It is now only 98, but....but it is dry heat :) Love the card with all the layers and the embossing in the background. Love how you did the bird in 3D and the music notes. Have a great weekend.

Linda said...

I love all the purple, and roses they are so pretty. i just love purples. They are one of my favor colors,

Emily H said...

This is a fun card. I love the paper roses!

Noelle Reese said...

What a great card! I love the color combo too!!

Julie Odil said...

I love that bird! Great card!

Becky said...

What a wonderful card, great design and wonderful details.

Pam said...

Very pretty color combo, and love that bird image!!

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful card, I'll have to check out that challenge.

JPScraps said...

The card is beautiful! I love purple and green together.

Glenda J said...

Really pretty. Great colours.

jennifer mitten said...

Thia is gorgeous! I love all the shades of purple with the green.....

Amber Sheaves said...

Wow, that's a lot of requirements in the challenge but you made them work so well together!

Pryn said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the color combination! Hope the bad storms have passed!

Unknown said...

AWESOME, beautiful card! (Just NOW making my FWF rounds...) so I laughed at your "Just a little distressed" title, because that's how my weekend has been rolling!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Beautiful bird, you rocked those colors!

JD/ Jill said...

This is beautiful! Great color combo!

Jennie said...

Lovely design Mary Anne and love the music notes on the background. Linda and I went to a craft show in Charlotte with Olga and Patti on Saturday and were thinking how fun it would be to meet up with you at one. Perhaps one day :))))