Thursday, November 4, 2010

Heavy Heart

Pets become such important parts of our lives, and it hurts terribly when they leave us. Our best friends lost their doggie the other day to old age. He was one of the smartest dogs I have ever had the pleasure to have met. Sad to say, it was his time to run and play in greener fields.

I made this card to help ease their pain a bit. My base is Ivory with layers of Chocolate Kiss and Lipstick Red Pure Luxury. I used a poem that I recently bought at a convention from Purrs and Pants Stamps. I distressed the panel with Vintage Photo, Distress Ink. My hydrant and bones are from an old SU! set that does not have it's name. I colored them with Copics, popped up the hydrant over some stitched ribbon. The bones and part of the hydrant were coated in Glossy Accents.

Have a good day!

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

How sad, they are like our kids, when I first saw this I thought it was framed! You did an excellent job!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I know how your friends feel, it is so hard to say good-bye to a faithful friend. Your card will touch their hearts. You have done a wonderful job reaching out to them. blessings!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga... thought it was framed and should be it's awesome! Totally the cat's meow... oops wrong animal! I know all to well how hard it is to lose an animal!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
As your blog was loading, I saw the card peeking out and saw the title and was really scarred for Jessie and you. This card is over the top awesome!

Holly Young said...

oh I am so sorry for your friend's loss. I know how hard that is and how much their hearts are aching right now. I love your card and think the words are some of the sweetest I've seen for this type of card!

Carol L said...

Losing a pet can be devastating, and this thoughtful card surely will bring them some comfort in knowing how much you care! The poem is just lovely!

Payne Holler Cards said...

never have seen a poem like this - very touching and thoughtful - does look like its framed.

My DH's little dog died two years ago and he still misses her - has no desire for another dog. He loved her so very much.

Jennie said...

Great poem and perfect for one who recently lost their doggy... Sweet of you to create a card for them....