Monday, August 23, 2010

JUGS Challenge #47

Don't you just love these bright colors? This was the wonderful choice of the DT at Just Us Girls. I knew when I saw this challenge, I just had to join in the fun!
I used an A2 card base and scrap of lime, checked paper that was trying to hide from me. My circles and scallop trim are SU! items. I used the large, hot pink, polka dot Prima as my focal point. After adding some felt leaves, I remembered these crocheted flowers I had won, and added a gem brad to the center of the open work one to make it work. The sentiment is from an old DOTS set. Throw on a few gems and some lime organza ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and there you have my entry. I hope you likee!

It's time for another cup of strong coffee! Care to join me?

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is a knock out! Love the design and the colors. What a happy birthday someone will have.

Jo said...

Oh such pretty flowers! What a lovely card! Thanks for joining in at JUGs this week!

Kathryn B said...

Fabulous layout and those flowers rock!!!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

martina's kaartjes said...

Beautifull card !
Love !
Have a great day,
greetings,
Martina
x

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS! This is fantastic! I love the flowers, sorry bout the coffee, I have moved on to Green Tea now, maybe in the morning........

Betty Benton said...

This will add a bit of happy color to someone's birthday! Great card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love the bright colors and your flowers are awesome! Am I to late for coffee?

Carol L said...

Yes to the coffee!!!! LOL
This is so pretty!! I just love the colors and how everything is done in triplicate! The flowers are just perfect in the way you arranged them, and the scalloped borders pull it all together so nicely! Great card!!!

Kerrie said...

Too late for coffee, heading to bed (LOL)... but will have one in the morning and will be thinking of you!

Such a beautiful card, love the spring colours!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh! WHat a perfect little flower garden you've made. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Oh, and I'm up for coffee if there is card making to be had!

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you incorporated the JUGs challenge colors into your design! That pink flower is just fabulous in the center! Nice touch adding the crocheted flowers too! Thanks for playing with Just us Girls!

Andrea M said...

This is so pretty!!! Love the layout and the way you've used the challenge colors. The assorted flowers are fantastic!!! Great job :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!